Hello from Central Ohio

Gepetto

Hi,
I live in central Ohio. I purchased a Garrett Ace 250 about four years ago. Haven't used it in a couple of years (due to time constraints), but I'm hoping to get back into it this spring. Really like this forum because of the friendliness and because of the good information and tips. Thanks.

Welcome from California.

I lived in Newark, Ohio for almost 30 years. Lots of good spots around there. Too bad you can't hunt "The Oval"...huh?

Lowjibber, what "oval" do you mean

Whites Field? Very early 70's...Denison, same..I used to hunt it with Shumway, the head of security for the college. Granville Football field,was down a block from my house. Went over and under it for 20 years..Not to say I got everything, but those were still the days when the dimes , nickels and quarters were SILVER.. Cherry Valley school,gone, no more, pulled about 40 Half dollars out of a 20 foot square area,( again very early 70).s in about an hour and a half.I think they had some sort of a game...This year, I've been out about 14 hours and this is the"good" stuff for 09...Once upon a time, the photo would have been very poor pickings.I am super pleased to have found even this amount of silver..Learning a reasonably new detector, and have about 30 hours on it with three different coils. And, like 48 years ago, I am still leaving more than I find....There is so much more stuff out there than has ever been found, and more being lost by the day. Time to get serious, all the wild places are going to be grown over within two to three weeks, and I am too old to swing a weed eater and detector in the same day.....Cordially NaD

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. Hope to have lots of fun with mding and the forum this year.

Back
Top Bottom