DD coil for Garrett ace 250

TheBandit

I have a garrett ace 250 with the regular coil. How much better is the DD coil? Would it be worth the money to add this on? what benefits does the DD coil offer? its been such a long winter I might end up buying a whole new detector yet but i just can't justify 1600 for the Dues. maybe when i hit some gold with the ace i will upgrade. thanks for any and all input. The Bandit

I have a garrett ace 250 with the regular coil. How much better is the DD coil? Would it be worth the money to add this on? what benefits does the DD coil offer? its been such a long winter I might end up buying a whole new detector yet but i just can't justify 1600 for the Dues. maybe when i hit some gold with the ace i will upgrade. thanks for any and all input. The Bandit

Hello there!
I have been using my ACE250 for many years. I had the same question you now have and finally decided to purchase one DD coil .
I am very glad I did! - It brings to the ACE a whole new life.
Since I have the DD coil the ACE turned to a MUCH BETTER performance.
Man, it was the best purchase I could have ever done :cool:

how about a coil cover? I just ordered the DD. Do you use a coil cover.

My DD coil came with the cover.Until now I never had to take it off.
The cover doesn't influence the detector's depth and gives extra protection
against rocks etc. -It's very important.
I also didn't have to re-tune the ACE ,that was one of my fears .

Yes, Get the DD

The detector is way better with the DD coil, Even better is a smaller DD coil for trashy sites. the cover will save on wear and tare...my last cover only lasted 1 year...

I would recommend selling that unit for $150 and putting it toward a used AT PRO.
You can find them on here for $400 or so.
This will be the best money you ever spent:yes:

Since I have this DD coil I never used the stock coil again.
Here are some pics of my adventure in SouthAmerica .
I found a 1942 silver coin at the old mill in 20 cm depth !
My guess is, ACE250 with this coil has the same depth range
as the AtPro ;)

Attachments

• moneda plata X4.jpg
    moneda plata X4.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,053
as the AtPro ;)

Where in south america were you? My father is from Minas gerias Brazil. I always wanted to do some detecting down there. I remember as a child they would throw the coins out because they had no value. it would be fun but alot of digging.

I bought the 10x14 DD for my 250. If all you want is greater depth, than you will be happy with the coil upgrade. Pinpointing was a bit trickier sometimes, but still pretty good for the most part.

I finished last season with my Ace and never took the big DD off. After one season under my belt, I've decided to get a new machine very soon. 'Wont be selling the Ace, gonna keep it and use it for a water machine once I waterproof it.

Where in south america were you? My father is from Minas gerias Brazil. I always wanted to do some detecting down there. I remember as a child they would throw the coins out because they had no value. it would be fun but alot of digging.

I come originally from Uruguay,but I lived in Argentina +30 years.
Since 2002 my family and me ,we live in Germany.
I hope to fly soon to Uruguay /Argentina and take my metal detector there again
Last time in 2012 it was such a good MD experience !

Just noticed that post made me a full member now...
Congrats on your full membership!
As far as I know, in depth yes. But the ACE350 has a little bit better
iron separation and just a bit higher frequency.

coil Garrett

I bought the 10x14 DD for my 250. If all you want is greater depth, than you will be happy with the coil upgrade. Pinpointing was a bit trickier sometimes, but still pretty good for the most part.

I finished last season with my Ace and never took the big DD off. After one season under my belt, I've decided to get a new machine very soon. 'Wont be selling the Ace, gonna keep it and use it for a water machine once I waterproof it.

Hi! Created a topic about katushku-http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=210100.
Adjusting for all metals? What is the objective depth on coins?

I'm in the same situation as you. A buddy of mine has the atp and it definitely outperforms my 250. Don't get me wrong, the 250 is a great little machine but the atp can ground balance (makes a huge difference where I'm at as my 250 is falsing a lot) has better vdi and the stock coil is a big upgrade and the list really goes on. I'm planning on biting the bullet and splurging for the atp and keeping the 250 for backup or to lure friends into the hobby :lol:

Hope that helps a little and good luck with your decision!

as the AtPro ;)

man i hope not...i am doing my final decision making on the at-pro...i have the ace 350 and i think it is terrible for depth...i can go kill the clad ...no doubt $30.00 allready this season...but it seems to me , if your looking for steady hard signals every swing...the coin has to be no deeper than 4 MAYBE 5 inches tops...anything deeper and the signal starts hitting every other swing or 3rd swing!

Back
Top Bottom