Crazy Shark Tooth Hunting Trip!

PaleoCris

I have been enjoying sharing my river treasure hunting/detecting videos with all of you here, so I figured I'd share my primary passion: fossil hunting. This is prehistoric treasure to me!

We recently had a ton of rain here in Florida and decided to go check out some dirt roads in the area that we know sometimes have shark teeth on them. It turned out to be a very good call!

For those who do not want to watch a vid:

fkYVYC6.jpg

The day's teeth.

i7W0NZf.jpg

The ultra rare giant Florida Parotodus!

Thanks for looking!
-PaleoCris

Beautiful SharK Week Finds! I really loved how you filmed the capture...that was good to see for what a guy looks for and how your eyes get trained on certain details that would be overlooked by most...

Also, seems you guys have some knowledge of species etc, and not just out dinking around...Impressed! Entertained! Thanks!...Very Cool!

That's awesome! I'd love to do that. I used to live in Maryland and we would do quite well at a place called Calvert Cliffs.
Calvert Cliffs is a good area! I've seen killer finds from there.

Beautiful SharK Week Finds! I really loved how you filmed the capture...that was good to see for what a guy looks for and how your eyes get trained on certain details that would be overlooked by most...

Also, seems you guys have some knowledge of species etc, and not just out dinking around...Impressed! Entertained! Thanks!...Very Cool!
We've been doing the fossil thing for a long time, so we've picked up some knowledge along the way! Glad you enjoyed the vid!

To the mods: I mistakenly posted this in this section instead of Stories and Pictures of Finds. Any chance of getting it moved or does it have to stay here?

Back
Top Bottom