The pull tabs won this time

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Been detecting this park that gave up some goods from a tear out previously.

jl1252 here has found silvers there recently. I commend his skills!

My kids have swim practices adjacent to the park so I’ve been hitting the park once a week trying to nab silver... well since the tear up is gone, it’s rock hard pull tab infested ground! I’ve sweated a ton and dug maybe $1.25 in clad. Ton of trash!

I think I’m done with this park until they decide to tear something else up! :lol:

Here’s the trash from last nights hunting. Not show are the 75¢ in clad...

Attachments

• C0485ED7-FE06-42F6-86E2-0BE43ADDD750.jpg
    C0485ED7-FE06-42F6-86E2-0BE43ADDD750.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 305
Sweat God that is a lot of digging for no results. I really feel for you because I have been in similar situations but I would not have been able to stick with it like you did. I would have been gone much sooner.

Ray

OUCH!!!! I feel your pain. The park I hunt is LITTERED with trash. There are places you can't even swing your coil because of the trash. Amazing how all that junk just gets left behind...

Sweat God that is a lot of digging for no results. I really feel for you because I have been in similar situations but I would not have been able to stick with it like you did. I would have been gone much sooner.

Ray

I had a couple hours tops because my kids were swimming, I think I only lasted an hour and 1/2 :lol:

Amen! :laughing: you never know what’s going to come out of the ground, those zip tabs had me hoping for silver.

OUCH!!!! I feel your pain. The park I hunt is LITTERED with trash. There are places you can't even swing your coil because of the trash. Amazing how all that junk just gets left behind...

Totally! Sweep the ground and it’s a myriad of tones. Maybe a Nox would do better, I can’t bring myself to disc out foil, I like finding gold...

Win some “lose” some, arguably getting time to hunt is a win no matter what, but this ground is HARD, and DRY... time to wait on this place.

I always feel optimistic when I find lots of the beaver tails,
People drinking beer in a time when at least some of the coins in their pockets were silver,
Gold was cheap and if anyone ever hunted for gold there they would have cleaned out all those old tabs.
But all I ever end up with is a pouch full of tabs...... gotta be gold in there somewhere.
Better luck next time out!

Throw in a heapin' handful of canslaw, and that looks just like my typical day...but I usually yield more keepers.(knock on wood) Hats off to a hard working digger!

Good God, Jeff you pulled a lot of !!!! out of that place!

I was after something good man, just not there for me yesterday. Or the time before that. Or the time before the time before that :lol:

I’m not complaining, if not for you, I’d probably not have found my first two buffs, a bunch of wheats, a cool bottle and marble, plus the play money or president token and a skeleton key... many many thanks man.

I always feel optimistic when I find lots of the beaver tails,
People drinking beer in a time when at least some of the coins in their pockets were silver,
Gold was cheap and if anyone ever hunted for gold there they would have cleaned out all those old tabs.
But all I ever end up with is a pouch full of tabs...... gotta be gold in there somewhere.
Better luck next time out!

I know, right??

Throw in a heapin' handful of canslaw, and that looks just like my typical day...but I usually yield more keepers.(knock on wood) Hats off to a hard working digger!

Yeah I was digging all in hopes of turning something good up. If not for those zip tabs I’d have quit earlier most likely. I’m stubborn tho!

That's a tough hunt there..

95% of those signals I'm sure sounded like a perfect gold ring signal..

Keep that up and gold is inevitable!

<°)))>{

I commend you for your dedication digging up all of that junk! I'm sure there's some nice targets waiting for you amongst the trash at that park.

I think we all can relate to your post. I have dug lots and lots of trash since I started this great hobby. Keep digging, you'll find some good stuff at a different site.
Bubbaron

:laughing::laughing: Metal Detecting Jeopardy!...

Answer: "With all this poop, theres gotta be a Pony in here somewhere!"

What is: 'Detectorists Motivational Mantra'!:laughing::laughing:

Oh man I feel your pain! I have a place I go to that I call Pull Tab Park. This place is loaded with them. I hit it pretty hard digging everything tab I could till I found my first 10k there hoping when I did find it it would sound a tad different. So I was very happy to find it but of course is sounds exactly like a tab!

I still dig them there and have been thinking of working on the screwdriver trick for just the tabs in hops that I can clear more for a better shot at gold again.

That's a tough hunt there..

95% of those signals I'm sure sounded like a perfect gold ring signal..

Keep that up and gold is inevitable!

<°)))>{

Yup, they sound good and I felt like checking them out, some days you win, so next time ;)

I commend you for your dedication digging up all of that junk! I'm sure there's some nice targets waiting for you amongst the trash at that park.

I imagine there are some goodies there.

I think we all can relate to your post. I have dug lots and lots of trash since I started this great hobby. Keep digging, you'll find some good stuff at a different site.
Bubbaron

Exactly!

:laughing::laughing: Metal Detecting Jeopardy!...

Answer: "With all this poop, theres gotta be a Pony in here somewhere!"

What is: 'Detectorists Motivational Mantra'!:laughing::laughing:

:lol:

Oh man I feel your pain! I have a place I go to that I call Pull Tab Park. This place is loaded with them. I hit it pretty hard digging everything tab I could till I found my first 10k there hoping when I did find it it would sound a tad different. So I was very happy to find it but of course is sounds exactly like a tab!

I still dig them there and have been thinking of working on the screwdriver trick for just the tabs in hops that I can clear more for a better shot at gold again.

This section of this park I’ve dubbed pulltab park for sure. Not sure why it was the drinking spot back then! Grounds way to hard to work for tabs, I’m done there for now.

Been detecting this park that gave up some goods from a tear out previously.

jl1252 here has found silvers there recently. I commend his skills!

My kids have swim practices adjacent to the park so I’ve been hitting the park once a week trying to nab silver... well since the tear up is gone, it’s rock hard pull tab infested ground! I’ve sweated a ton and dug maybe $1.25 in clad. Ton of trash!

I think I’m done with this park until they decide to tear something else up! :lol:

Here’s the trash from last nights hunting. Not show are the 75¢ in clad...

Oh man. We all have those days. Just dig dig dig, and barely anything to show for it... and mostly because we're hitting something close to where our kids are. LOL I've SO been there.

Oh man. We all have those days. Just dig dig dig, and barely anything to show for it... and mostly because we're hitting something close to where our kids are. LOL I've SO been there.

Definitely get to hunt this spot because of my kids swim practice, otherwise it would be just a tad far normally. Plus, I know there’s good stuff there somewhere, jl1252 finds all the silver there :laughing: so it IS there, place has history, the tear out results proved that as well. I just can’t hunt high tones only, I’m a dig nearly everything kinda guy - sometimes it pays off, and sometimes it doesn’t!

Back
Top Bottom