A tootsie and a wheat

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Hit a lot that had an old house on it, they tore the house down recently leaving a messy pile of dirt and buried metal/trash/pipes...

Had been there a few weeks ago and found it pretty much undetectable with so much trash everywhere in the ground. Plus I was a bit nervous hunting it even though it is just an empty lot now.

TrashMasterCCS suggested I try the spot and stick to the periphery (thanks TM!) so that rekindled my interest. Tried to get up extra early this morning to hit it up. The extra part didnt happen but I spent an hour there before heading into work.

I was hunting in dried tall grasses and star thistles. Still a lot of trash, but was able to get my coil over a dateless wheat cent and a very cool Tootsie tow truck! Only my second Tootsie find and my favorite.

Also found a horse shoe, eyeballed a huge brass water valve, and some other junk. Here’s a pic of the truck and wheat, I’ll try and get a picture of the rest of the stuff after work!

Thanks again TrashMasterCCS!

Attachments

• B302A3D8-427C-4507-B7C3-427FABE37F27.jpg
    B302A3D8-427C-4507-B7C3-427FABE37F27.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Nice going on the wheat and tootsie truck, congrats! I bet there is more in that lot.

Thanks Jam! I’m pretty amazed I was able to eek these two goodies out of this spot in th hour I was there - challenging for sure, I’ll go back when I can...

Nice saves! found a lot of tootsies, but never the tow truck. All Jelly now...:D
Congrats and HH! :aok:

Thanks! My only other is a purple looking drag racer! This one by far my fav.

Nice finds!!! Where there are wheats there is silver!!!!….I'm sure there is more there...Great Saves!!!!

Thanks Dave. I hope to try a few more times and get my coil over silver!

Here’s the rest of the finds, check out that valve :wow::

Attachments

• AC618486-A24D-483F-8ECA-904309FA31D3.jpg
    AC618486-A24D-483F-8ECA-904309FA31D3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 126
Nice tootsie! Wheels n' all..... Haven't found that one yet.

Thanks!

That's a neat Tootsie tow truck! I still have not found one intact yet, just pieces of them.
Nice job pulling that one out of a difficult spot!

Thanks Ron! The wheels are rusted still, but i can’t believe I found this puppy, was t even expecting it! Funny how that works.

Back
Top Bottom