Western NY

New Member in Rochester here, still haven't bought a detector but am looking into it. If anyone has anything used and waterproof they are selling locally please let me know.

Honeoye

I've been researching and have many places dating from 1810, 1820, and 1850.
Getting serious about old coins and WNY artifacts.
Live near the town of Honeoye.

I live here in Honeoye, am brand new to detecting, am borrowing a machine till I can decide what I want to buy. could be interested in learning with someone local

I am new to the forums. I live in hamburg and am ready to start digging. ready to pick this hobby up and start dirt fishin!

Hi, I am from the Buffalo area and have just purchased a metal detectors. I do not know where to go to find out legal places that I can hunt. Can anyone give me some info on this.... Thanks

Cheektowaga Ny Here!

I'm in the same boat my new beep stick gets here this weekend and I'm not sure where to go...

Tonawanda Here

Could you add me to your hunt please? :D If anybody would like to meet up some weekend morning let me know. I like to get out pretty early if possible

I'm in the same boat my new beep stick gets here this weekend and I'm not sure where to go...

Welcome from Niagara Falls. I usually hit parks. I see a few in your area. Just make sure they arent posted as off limits to metal detectors.

Dont waste the summer in WNY

Williamsville NY checking in. Hit a property in Elma yesterday. Looks promising. Dates back to 1890's. Ran out of daylight. Checked out a park near here that has a band shell for concerts. Lots of coins. Have to hunt closer to dusk though to avoid any unnecessary attention. You can't find it if you don't have the guts to do it. JUST GET OUT THERE!

Getting ready to hunt Outer Banks next week.

Williamsville NY checking in. Hit a property in Elma yesterday. Looks promising. Dates back to 1890's. Ran out of daylight. Checked out a park near here that has a band shell for concerts. Lots of coins. Have to hunt closer to dusk though to avoid any unnecessary attention. You can't find it if you don't have the guts to do it. JUST GET OUT THERE!

Getting ready to hunt Outer Banks next week.

Good luck!! Post some pics! We love pics!!

OBX Trip

Well, got out last night for about 2 hours on the beach at Pine Island. Hunted mostly the dry sand. Found some change and beer caps. Got a couple of hits in the wet sand but they turned out false. Had to turn sensitivity down to 2-3 to avoid that. Seemed to do the trick. Lost my headlamp somewhere on the way down, but the LED on my pointer turned out to be just enough light to see. Will head back out tonight.

i called the state parks and said absolutely no metal dectecting in the state parks. are you saying i can if not posted?

West Seneca

Have enjoyed this hobby for 30 years. Look forward to another good season. Own whites xlt, v3i and Minelab ctx3030. Would be glad to have a new partner.

I've lived in WNY my whole life. Picked up an explorer SE in 2009 and have done outstanding with it. YouTube -RRDigger17 ( haven't posted in awhile) My father also purchased the same detector and has been going with me for the past few years. We have our hot spots and old faithfuls but we're currently looking for a few people to get together with. Everyone has their spots and places they would like to detect. Strength in numbers is key when discovering a potential hot spot. If anyone wants to meet for a hunt, to find new spots or share each others spots it could be a good time thanks and happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom