Scuba Diving…

Have dived for years. One suggestion would be to get a steel tank that has negative weight, you need to wear less weight on your belt. A steel 102 also holds more air then an 80 aluminum cylinder. Always dive with a light even in the day, a small light will allow you to see your gauges in the murkiest of braille diving water. Practice, practice, practice, all the emergency procedures they teach you especially if you are taking a quicky course, some dive shops teach the bare minimum, while others want you to be along time participant. At a minimum you should do 2 out of air ascents with an instructor present just so you know it can be done and safely. Good luck and enjoy the deeps.

How do these acient posts come back to life??

It can be realitivly inexpensive IF you go about it right. Find a dive shop to get certified at. probably less than 300.00. Get ideas on equipment from them BUT buy online.

I try to support brick and mortar stores but dive shops have over a 100% markup. Maybe they have to but I don't have the extra bucks to give them.

You can get great used gear off CraigsList and fee-bay.

Including equipment you can get into diving for around a grand or so. BUT that doesn't include an underwater detector.

You need a mask, wetsuit, booties, BC with weights, regulator with guages, tank or two, dive flag and float. For the class you will need fins, then they are useless for detecting.

Because of my accident this summer I didn't dive for a while. I found a little more than 3 grand in gold. I say that to let you know if your in the right area, your investment will pay off pretty fast.

If you are in Michigan forget it. The gold is mostly gone.

Back
Top Bottom