• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

NOX new 6" Coil gives CPR to a near Hunted to Death Park

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
I received my new NOX 6" coil today. And of course I had to try it out ASAP. I figured I go to a local park that has been taken off life support for some time to test it out. This post is not about quantity of finds but about results.

I picked out the most trashiest areas, such as the picnic benches and nearby parking lot island areas. All these area have been repeatedly detected by me and others in the past.

I was much impressed by the results. Found like $5.00 in clad in three hours. And one wheat cent.

Here are some of my takeaways about the coil:

1) Very light, balanced and easy to swing
2) I was finding and digging more pennies than usual
3) The VDI numbers did not jump around as much compared to stock coil
4) Very easy to pinpoint
5) General depth of most finds today were about 4"-6", but some were less
6) It unmasks coins very well especially around can slaw and some iron rust
7) A 2001 Canadian dime gave a VDI of 2 (interesting)
8) Swinging coil slowly improved results

In short, I am glad I got it!

Attachments

• New 6 inch Coil 002.jpg
    New 6 inch Coil 002.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 300
For 6” dd coil = very laser beam like.
Actually I think a new person to detecting would be better learning Nox with smaller coil vs stock.

What does this say.
I get into my truck with just the 6”coil and Nox and go detecting. Nothing else
coil wise or detector wise.

Super duper Clad killer too!!!!
Catch that Mud.

Folks interested in this coil, read my thread here. I have used and tested. Stand out performer coil vs anything out there really.

You take the 600 unit speed 3 or the 800 unit speed 6 or 7 into a super duper modern trash site with smaller coil. Hold on, you are in for a ride. Yeah, go right in behind Etrac, fishers, At series, CTX, looking for high conductors. Like clad, silver rings, copper. Watch what happens. I think I know.
Don’t forget about running fast speed and 5 kHz either. It WORKS!!

Thank you!

Interesting! I’ve been thinking of picking one up myself

Thanks Ohiodigger! For me and the type of hunting I do, it's another good tool to have to help weed out the junk/trash.

great report!

Thanks calabash digger! The report was short and sweet. Your ongoing videos have certainly been useful to me too.

For 6” dd coil = very laser beam like.
Actually I think a new person to detecting would be better learning Nox with smaller coil vs stock.

What does this say.
I get into my truck with just the 6”coil and Nox and go detecting. Nothing else
coil wise or detector wise.

Super duper Clad killer too!!!!
Catch that Mud.

Folks interested in this coil, read my thread here. I have used and tested. Stand out performer coil vs anything out there really.

You take the 600 unit speed 3 or the 800 unit speed 6 or 7 into a super duper modern trash site with smaller coil. Hold on, you are in for a ride. Yeah, go right in behind Etrac, fishers, At series, CTX, looking for high conductors. Like clad, silver rings, copper. Watch what happens. I think I know.
Don’t forget about running fast speed and 5 kHz either. It WORKS!!

Thanks tnsharpshooter! Your in depth test reports regarding the NOX are much appreciated too.

Good report!

Thanks Rattlehead! Your comprehensive test results and summaries of NOX has sure has helped me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice finds and good insight into the Nox!

Thanks ProPhotog! This small coil and the 800 are like a perfect match to squeeze out a few more treasures from those written-off locations.

Good review. I'm still waiting on the 6" coil from a dealer.

Thanks graybeard! I wish I could have wrote more. I think you will really like the performance of the 6" coil. I was amazed of what I was able to find from what had been found already there.

Back
Top Bottom