CoinStar

pan4au

Elite Member
anyone ever use CoinStar to cash in your dirty clad coins...

Yes it accepts most of the zincolns. But some wont go through. The one here charges 9%

i don't just because i'm cheap and don't want the % taken out, i'm lucky that my wife's bank has a coin counting machine with no charge

I saw Wally World had one when I was in there today. I'll see if my bank will take the dirty coins.. if not I coinstar them.. except I'll hang on to my copper ¢'s. thx

Yep, I've used them before.

i don't just because i'm cheap and don't want the % taken out, i'm lucky that my wife's bank has a coin counting machine with no charge

They offer no charge if you take an Amazon, Lowes, Old Navy, etc. credit.

They charge like 8 percent.

Which is rather high, considering all the money that goes through them each day.

I bet each coin star makes $80 or more a day.

I use my bank, they do it for free. I love to see the look on their face when I bring in a ice cream bucket of change.

They charge like 8 percent.

Which is rather high, considering all the money that goes through them each day.

I bet each coin star makes $80 or more a day.

I use my bank, they do it for free. I love to see the look on their face when I bring in a ice cream bucket of change.

I just did a box of 1, 5, 10 & 25 come to find out there are no banks on Kauai with a coin counter, WTH? One bank you can dropem off and they send them somewhere, no thanks. So its, rollem, @!$%!#& coinstar or I just wait till I go to Vegas:lol:

After a long dry spell, I finally found a coin in the return. A beat up zinc penny that looked like some metal detector had tried to cash in.

anyone ever use CoinStar to cash in your dirty clad coins...

They have them in grocery stores here, but I have no idea how they survive.

Here in the northeast, it seems like every other corner has either a drugstore or a bank on it, and many of the banks have coin counters accessible to the public at no charge. Other banks have counters available to account holders.

Iv used one once at my local winn dixie. I'm not willing to pay 8%-9% that is just way too much to pay for such a nonsense service.

Let me get 9% of you're total and ill hand roll them for you.

I did it once but never again.

My credit union wants to charge 3% and I might go and complain, I am tired of everyone taking a cut in new york, I will roll my own,

who sells coin rolls that you can do yourself?

My credit union wants to charge 3% and I might go and complain, I am tired of everyone taking a cut in new york, I will roll my own,

who sells coin rolls that you can do yourself?

i know my bank gives the empty rolls away free, but you can get them at any wally world. i take all my clad to my wifes bank where they toss it in the sorter for free

all of the time and if it rejects one of those zinc-oln slivers, I just feel it back in, usually 5 times does it at the machine i use...

Back
Top Bottom