SovGT hearing Help

Bromly

SovGT users, Working in elevator machine rooms the last 30 yrs
has damaged my hearing. So Id like to change the pitch on my Sov.
I believe I read a post awhile back, but cant find it now. I think it
talked about the pots in the GT and it mentioned how you could alter
the pitch. Im hoping someone here can help me locate what pot to
tinker with.

Thanks all !

Ken

Hello,

I don't recall reading the post You are asking about, but any guitar store sell synthesizer pedals, which would do what You need.

They are small, and have a buildin battery, and if You buy one of them, then You can use it on all detectors, with standard earphones.

HH

/Steffen

Don't underestimate the power of a good set of headphones. I would get some of the gray ghost Amphibians and have somebody alter the plug for you To fit your machine.
Shouldn't cost more than a few dollars. Then add some "GEL" earmuffs for an extra $25 and you will increase the Volume, clarity, and sensitivity tenfold over any other stock headphones.

Hello,

I don't recall reading the post You are asking about, but any guitar store sell synthesizer pedals, which would do what You need.

They are small, and have a buildin battery, and if You buy one of them, then You can use it on all detectors, with standard earphones.

HH

/Steffen

Thats interesting, Thanks Steffen.

Don't underestimate the power of a good set of headphones. I would get some of the gray ghost Amphibians and have somebody alter the plug for you To fit your machine.
Shouldn't cost more than a few dollars. Then add some "GEL" earmuffs for an extra $25 and you will increase the Volume, clarity, and sensitivity tenfold over any other stock headphones.

Im using gray ghost and sunray pro golds, both with gel pads. My biggest problem
is the freq. or pitch is to high for my ears. I'd like to just lower the pitch if its possable.
I hunt in Pp mode for the most part. For some reason the gray ghost seem to respond with
a lower pitch. I'd love to get the signal response to come through even lower, if I can. I think when I switched to the 10x12 sef coil, the pitch really went up over all. I miss the
over all lower sounds of the stock coil.

Thanks for your input HullGuitars.

Im using gray ghost and sunray pro golds, both with gel pads. My biggest problem
is the freq. or pitch is to high for my ears. I'd like to just lower the pitch if its possable.
I hunt in Pp mode for the most part. For some reason the gray ghost seem to respond with
a lower pitch. I'd love to get the signal response to come through even lower, if I can. I think when I switched to the 10x12 sef coil, the pitch really went up over all. I miss the
over all lower sounds of the stock coil.

Thanks for your input HullGuitars.

I didn't like the GG headphones using the GT I purchased a couple pairs of Jolly Rogers which I prefer... the ear pads are very soft and comfortable and they have a volume control...

When you use the volume on the GT turn it up to at least 3 pm as its recommended. I use machinery all the time so I know what you are talking about.

Being a guitar builder I can't believe I didn't think about the synth pedal. My mind was more focused on the volume but I think I'm understanding you a little bit better now. I have dozens of pedals in stock and could hook you up with a good uses synth pedal. Not sure how you would carry it, but they actually make tiny versions now that mount to the guitar let me do a little research this evening

Attachments

• Sovereign tone pot.jpg
    Sovereign tone pot.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 177
Great i was looking for that very thing today too. Ok i understand the tones...... what will the other two do? Looks like im going to do some tweaking. Curious..... did the adjustment separate the tones better making the more distinct?

Dew

For me, just lowering the tone, helped alot. When the pitch
is running high, all targets sound pretty much the same for
me. By dropping the tone frequency, I could immediately notice
a big difference when swinging the coil over a nickel then
the dime.

HH
Ken

the dime.

HH
Ken
Hey Ken, one complaint I have is my Sunray Pro Gold headphones are too high toned for my liking. I have a hard time telling high and mid tones apart. The GG phones I tried are too low. I think it is the phones. Do you think if I change the pot that it will help me out? On my Excal I can hear the separation much better but those cheap Koss phones don't hear faint targets well. Will it void my warranty if I open the box? Sounds like I have the same problem as you.

Hey Ken, one complaint I have is my Sunray Pro Gold headphones are too high toned for my liking. I have a hard time telling high and mid tones apart. The GG phones I tried are too low. I think it is the phones. Do you think if I change the pot that it will help me out? On my Excal I can hear the separation much better but those cheap Koss phones don't hear faint targets well. Will it void my warranty if I open the box? Sounds like I have the same problem as you.

I agree with you on the pro golds having a much higher tone. I think
you'll like the changes you can make. I adjusted mine with the head phones on
and had my wife swipe a nickel across the coil while I turned the pot to my liking.

Ken

the dime.

HH
Ken

That sounds great as most of my targets ring so high. Just curious to what it did to very low tones, just make them lower? Can't imagine a rusty bottle cap sounding any lower...!

Back
Top Bottom