New from Northern.California

desde

Hello and just yesterday I bought my very first Metal Detector! Ok well I saw a good deal and I went for it, I ran into my old boss and it happens that he said he was selling it. Its a Whites 6000 Pro XL, he let it go for $150.. Its used but it isn't beat up. It came with the headphones and the carrying bag.

This is my first time owning one and operating one. He just showed me how to start it. Couldn't really play with it yesterday because it was already getting dark. And today I dont think I will be able to since its pouring out here :(

I've been looking around the forum and im really liking this place. I think I will stick around! :D

It came with the manual but its in really bad shape, i was reading it last night and part of this morning. I couldn't really sleep because I wanted to use it : :( Thanks for the reply. - Chris

Here is the gear 8)
100_7829.jpg

100_7831.jpg
[/img]

Welcome to the forum, desde! You definitely got a great deal, and I'm looking forward to hearing about (and seeing) your finds!

Hello and welcome. I am also new from Northern California, so good to meet you. I just received a new Minelab Explorer from Tony in CT, and wouldn't you know it's now snowing here. We're only at 1800 ft, so snow is rare. We're anxious to get out and try our first detector. Good luck with yours!

Welcome dsede!!! You got a deal for real on that detector, not that I like Whites so much, as you can see.
pop

:D Thanks, I am so anxious to try this. But it looks like me and vansark where given a rain-check :(

The rain will make it easier to dig and better to detect.
pop

OH rats! and another poor soul will now succumb to the addiction of metal detecting :lol: Hey! congrats on the new machine. Its a good one to boot. Your gonna have a lot of fun with this MD. I look forward to seeing the finds you make, and the stories behind them.

Desde, we were in Chico last weekend, so you're definitely not too far away! There is some great history around Chico, and the mountains to the east tell some great tales of the gold rush days. We're having trouble with the power, so I'll be signing off for now. Good luck to you.

Welcome to the forum from snow covered New England! You really did get a heck of a deal there. Learn how to use it, and that Whites will reward you! Good luck, can't wait to see you posting finds!!

Back
Top Bottom