Equinox 600 Bluetooth help

LSUThunder

I've been trying to pair my bluetooth earbuds to my 600 and have not had them connect yet. I've put them in pairing mode and nothing. I connected them to my phone and they do work so I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. They are BLUETOOTH 4.1 + APTX, any suggestions? It just sits in bluetooth mode on the equinox and never picks up the earbuds. I did disconnect them from my phone after trying. Feels like I'm missing something simple.

From the manual:

Press the wireless button on the side of the EQUINOX control panel for 5 seconds until the Wireless icon starts to flash rapidly. For first-time use of the EQUINOX, or following a factory reset, a short press of the Wireless button will immediately start the pairing sequence.

So, you have two choices, holding the button for 5 seconds, or a short press after a factory reset.
Did you try both ways?

Turn on earbuds.
Press wireless button on nox and hold until you hear a beep. Let go.
Give a little time. Pairing should occur.

Yeah I sure did try both ways, for some reason its not taking the bluetooth headphones, I've actually tried three different pairs all different brands and nothing would connect, even with the factory reset. May just have a bad bluetooth module in the NOX.

Yeah I sure did try both ways, for some reason its not taking the bluetooth headphones, I've actually tried three different pairs all different brands and nothing would connect, even with the factory reset. May just have a bad bluetooth module in the NOX.

So now I'm starting to agree with you, regarding having a bad BT module, and there is no user error.
So before I would call Minelab, I would try one more thing. Just like on various computer operating systems, sometimes a single reboot does not work. (I won't get into the reasons for that here). So reboot the Nox 3 or 4 times, IN SUCCESSION, no exceptions.
Let us know.

So now I'm starting to agree with you, regarding having a bad BT module, and there is no user error.
So before I would call Minelab, I would try one more thing. Just like on various computer operating systems, sometimes a single reboot does not work. (I won't get into the reasons for that here). So reboot the Nox 3 or 4 times, IN SUCCESSION, no exceptions.
Let us know.

Will do tonight and get back to you in the morning. Thank you all for the suggestions.

I believe when pressing the top right side button the Equinox first will search for the WM08 then the Bluetooth and lastly the Low latency Bluetooth. Sometimes it takes a half minute or so before you get to the pairing for the LL Bluetooth.
Just wondering if you are waiting long enough.

I believe when pressing the top right side button the Equinox first will search for the WM08 then the Bluetooth and lastly the Low latency Bluetooth. Sometimes it takes a half minute or so before you get to the pairing for the LL Bluetooth.
Just wondering if you are waiting long enough.

Im waiting the full 5 minutes until the equinox stops looking for bluetooth all together.

It's tricky.
Factory reset.
Start the Nox wireless by holding it down for 5 seconds.You'll see the wifi flashing, THEN when you see the bluetooth symbol flashing, set your headphones into pairing mode.

Last edited:
It's tricky.
Factory reset.
Start the Nox wireless by holding it down for 5 seconds.You'll see the wifi flashing, THEN when you see the bluetooth symbol flashing, set your headphones into pairing mode.

Tried this method and nothing so I ended up getting with Minelab and following their step by step instructions and they recommended me to go ahead and swap it out. So I'm waiting on further instructions/ RMA. Thank you all for the suggestions and I will keep you guys posted.

Back
Top Bottom