Found a site where no detector has been, put me over the 100 silver mark!

AlinMN

Elite Member
We have been on vacation camping and talked to some campers and was told of a spot where an old bait shop/store had been located. It is no longer there, just mowed grass, so I checked it out with my detector and there where coin signals almost every swing.:yes: After digging some clad I got a deeper signal and pulled out a 1957 roosevelt at 6 inches then two feet away I got a nice 12-46/12-47 on the etrac and at 9 inches I pulled out my 100th silver coin for the year, a 1937-D Quarter!:woohoo::extrahappy::egyptian::confetti: :dancing: :hat3: I was so excited that I quit hunting to go show my wife that I had made 100, and I had only been there a half an hour. Then the next day I hit the spot again and found seven more silver dimes in about four hours of hunting plus enough clad to put me over the $100 mark for clad this year too. Now I don't try too hard to dig clad, I will often skip shallow penny or dime signals spending more time looking for the deeper older coins. However I got two 12-46 signals that I dug that were shallow and I thought were clad quarters but they both turned out to be silver roosevelt dimes.:?: One was only one inch deep. So I think I have to go back and dig every coin signal to get all the silver.:lol: Here are the pictures of the coins from the last hunts and a picture of all 107 silvers for this year:

Attachments

• IMG_6317.jpg
    IMG_6317.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2,544
  • IMG_6319.jpg
    IMG_6319.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 2,530
  • IMG_6323.jpg
    IMG_6323.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2,441
  • IMG_6324.jpg
    IMG_6324.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2,567
sweet finds, and I LOVE that ALL silver pic....almost need my sunglasses!

Man now thats what I call a happy hunting ground! Hopefully you'll be there for a few days to pound that site!

Way to go! 100 silvers is an incredible total and you've still got 5 months left of the year. Looking at all that silver is like going back in time. That's quite a time machine you've got there. Love the Morgan and Walkers.

Sure is a beautiful pile of silver.:D Congratulations on breaking the 100 mark. That sure isn't an easy task these days. Hope you can keep up that rate for the rest of the year. Good luck.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom