Falcon Discriminator (old)

Salty Cat

Just bought at old house auction this metal detector called a "Falcon Discriminator". No other model numbers are shown, but distributor address on the top is "Holly Springs, Inc., Vicksburg, MS 39180". There is a approx. 1/4" hole in the top for a plug-in something - charger, head phone? When I turn the on-off knob, which is also the volume, nothing happens. I only paid $30 for it at the auction, but was hoping it would work.:lol: Is there a way to test it?

I'm 68, but trainable. I have never used a metal detector, but just moved to a 115 year old homestead and am anxious to see what's underground. Any suggestions on this - or do I chalk it up to a lost cause?

Hey Salty Cat.....Have you put new batteries in it? Where they go the connections might be corroded.....Are there any other knobs? The 1/4 hole is a headphone jack....Let us know...

Welcome from Kansas. The Sunflower State
I love those old detectors. Finding things with them is a challange, and that's what it's all about.

Falcon Discriminator

I have one that has been sitting for a LONG time...Does not work 100%. Meter is flakey, and it does not detect very deep. Only a few inches...It does power on and makes sounds, The meter does move, but I do not think it is accurate any more. Makes sounds when I wave a quarter by the coil sometimes.
If anyone is interested in Buying this, shoot me a PM...I can send pics

HH,

Back
Top Bottom