Nokta impact or AT Max

Helge

I'm looking at both of these new releases. I've watched many youtube vids. I'm curious to hear everyone's impressions. I seem to be focused on the wireless capabilities. I'm just getting back into the hobby and have the itch to go after the newest thing on the block. Many years ago I did the same thing when Whites came out with the Eagle Spectrum. I still have it and never regretted it. Good machine that I'll keep forever.

When you look at just features, the Impact has the Max beat. The Max comes with wireless headphones and is waterproof. Wireless headphones cost an extra $120 for the Impact and it isn't waterproof.

But we don't know how they perform side by side, but we should know that pretty soon if you can wait.

The Impact is getting good reviews. The Max is likely to be a very competent machine as well.

And Minelab is going to announce a new machine in September. If they came up with a lighter ETrac that would be worth considering too.

I have the Impact and I had an AT Pro. In my opinion, the Impact is a lot better than the Pro. Watching the videos, AT Max appears to be deeper and basically combines the Gold and the Pro plus a little more depth. With that said, my opinion is the Impact until the Max is out in the real world before I can change my opinion.

As for depth, my Impact out performs my Minelab CTX 3030. That is how good the Impact is and I am a true believer the Impact is one of the best $ for $.

I'm gonna post a video in a few minutes on the deus and at series where I discuss the features of the at series and the deus and why its a better value than the at series. I know that's off topic from the impact , but might be worth looking at. I also conduct in ground test and masking test and show the features of the deus and at pro , its a long video and will be multiple parts but if you thinking about dropping your hard earned cash on a new detector well it might be worth taking a look at.

It comes down to one question: will you ever be hunting around water? If yes, get the Max (or another waterproof machine. If the answer is no, then by all means, go with the Impact.

The features and settings of the Impact make it a fantastic machine. But if there's even a chance you'll be using near water, accidents can always happen. One slip and its toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Impact hands down because of the 12 modes and 3 frequencies. My impact has out hunted my ATP and Etrac hands down. If you need waterproof, ATmax. The Impact will still kill it on land every way to Sunday. The Impact can go super deep in 5Khz or super selective on coins in 20Khz. The separation on both coils regardless of frequency is better that ATP and Etrac. I own the Impact and will never go back to ATP or Etrac.

It comes down to one question: will you ever be hunting around water? If yes, get the Max (or another waterproof machine. If the answer is no, then by all means, go with the Impact.

The features and settings of the Impact make it a fantastic machine. But if there's even a chance you'll be using near water, accidents can always happen. One slip and its toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have hunted "around" and in very very shallow water with all sorts of non waterproof detectors since the late 1960's, never had an issue. If your hunting "in" the water, then you may well have an issue with a non waterproof detector "if" you slip. If you slip with the Max and its bumps a rock you might be in for some trouble as well. You take your chances when near or in shallow water.

I haven't switched on the ATP since the day I got the Impact and it's not looking like the ATP is gonna get out any time soon.

Thank for all the great input. I was leaning towards the Impact pro package, but news of a new mine lab machine might make me wait and see. Is there any info on that machine?

Back
Top Bottom