Help a new guy out

ChaseJax

Hello there I am looking for a metal detector that will be primarily used at the beach.
The beach I live by is northeast Florida/southeast Georgia. (Which apparently matters I'm learning).

I am a fan of "but once cry once" but am hoping this purchase won't be much more than 1k... if it has to be that at all.
I am new to metal detecting so I haven't learned the best spots to find stuff (dry sand, wet sand, in the water etc but I hope to learn before I make my purchase and base my decision on where the most stuff is found.
I would expect to do in water in the summer and along the beach during the colder months. I would also like the ability to take the same detector to local parks and trails and such and still get good results there.
I believe with the ocean water not very clear where I live that I wouldn't be going much further than 2 feet deep? So if someone could throw some of the most popular choices out at me I could do some further research and watch some YouTube and make a decision.
Perhaps I'm asking too much out of a machine but any help would be appreciated.

Minelab Safari

Hello there I am looking for a metal detector that will be primarily used at the beach.
The beach I live by is northeast Florida/southeast Georgia. (Which apparently matters I'm learning).

I am a fan of "but once cry once" but am hoping this purchase won't be much more than 1k... if it has to be that at all.
I am new to metal detecting so I haven't learned the best spots to find stuff (dry sand, wet sand, in the water etc but I hope to learn before I make my purchase and base my decision on where the most stuff is found.
I would expect to do in water in the summer and along the beach during the colder months. I would also like the ability to take the same detector to local parks and trails and such and still get good results there.
I believe with the ocean water not very clear where I live that I wouldn't be going much further than 2 feet deep? So if someone could throw some of the most popular choices out at me I could do some further research and watch some YouTube and make a decision.
Perhaps I'm asking too much out of a machine but any help would be appreciated.

Great land and Beach Detector , works well on Salt water Beaches
Give me a call
dennis

http://www.metaldetectors.com/coin-jewelry-metal-detectors/minelab/safari-metal-detector

I too, am somewhat new to metal detecting, and from a personal point of view, I wouldn't advise starting out with one of the high-end units. I think that would be confusing and frustrating for you, if indeed, you are new to metal detecting. Again, personally, I started off with a Garrett AT Pro, which at the time, seemed to be a bit overwhelming, but in short time, I got it - things clicked. Ever since, I have been very pleased with the AT Pro, and especially on the beaches. I am now using a Fisher F75 inland (wanted to try something different), but when I head to the coast, go out on a damp / rainy day, or around water of any type, it's the AT Pro that gets the call to go. Oh, and don't think that the ATP can't can't hold it's own in the local parks and on the trails. It's a real coin hound at the playgrounds and school yards. Good luck with your new endeavor. I'm sure you will get a lot of good advice here.....:yes:

Back
Top Bottom