CTX loose control box?

Dig-Dug

Forum Supporter
Thought I would post this here just in case someone may have an easy fix before I packed it up to send in for repair.

My CTX control box is loose. You can wiggle it around with your fingers. It's not completely falling off but not tight as it once was either. All the screws on the handle are tight though, so I'm not sure if it can just be tightened up or if the handle needs to be taken apart to retighten, and if that will compromise the water tightness?

Anyone else dealt with this? Any known fixes short of sending it in?

Thanks.

Well, I looked at mine,,looks like all mechanical connections are hidden,,maybe requiring disassembly to a certain level to gain access.

What has probably happened is that the pegs have been widened by the screws moving back and forth so there is no way toBox it anymore. You wouldn't be able to figure it out with out opening the detector up

Dig-Dug,,,
Do you use your CTX in the water a lot???

I am asking,, could this be what is causing the control to get loose??

Be aware if you work on the 3030 yourself you void the warranty so be very careful. I highly recommend you send it in to Minelab Repair if it is under warranty...

Be aware if you work on the 3030 yourself you void the warranty so be very careful. I highly recommend you send it in to Minelab Repair if it is under warranty...

I decided I'm not going to touch it. I'm going to call Minelab and then send it in.

Do you know if it will end up going to Minelab or Kellyco?

Thanks.

I decided I'm not going to touch it. I'm going to call Minelab and then send it in.

Thanks.

You got good advice. And if it goes to Kellyco under warranty at least mine got repaired real quick. Only issue I had was I didn't get any paperwork on what was repaired. But it's working like a champ so not that big an issue.

You got good advice. And if it goes to Kellyco under warranty at least mine got repaired real quick. Only issue I had was I didn't get any paperwork on what was repaired. But it's working like a champ so not that big an issue.

I have no reservations about sending it to Kellyco. I just didn't know if Minelab is doing their own repairs or if Kellyco is handling everything. Just wish they were closer. Washington to Florida, can't get any further apart in the continental US :lol:

I have no reservations about sending it to Kellyco. I just didn't know if Minelab is doing their own repairs or if Kellyco is handling everything. Just wish they were closer. Washington to Florida, can't get any further apart in the continental US :lol:

I may be wrong? But think it's all Kellyco. I'd call Minelab and ask them what all you need to send in. Only part I mailed was the controls. Saves on shipping cost and the mailman breaking something else. Forgot to mention. Mine goes down again I will drive it to Kellyco. There is a refinery not far from there where you can sell gold. Where you are let's hope someone is closer. Dayum:lol:

Thanks.

The Minelab Repair Center at Kellyco is where it will go, there is no repair center in Chicago, both techs retired in spring of last year..

Call them and talk to tech, describe your issues and they will tell you what to send, no need to send shafts either way.

The Minelab Repair Center at Kellyco is where it will go, there is no repair center in Chicago, both techs retired in spring of last year..

Call them and talk to tech, describe your issues and they will tell you what to send, no need to send shafts either way.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom