Stepped up to an AT PRO

captbo

Good morning The machine came in Sat., I ran it in my front yard where I have practiced with my other two machines,, and wouldn't ya know it I found a penny and a childs ring over looked by both of the others. This am I went to a park after a busy sports weekend and I was fooled by two repeatable 90/91 signals they were both about 4" down and are pcs, of the jungle gym pipe fittings, I ran the machine in Pro zero with a 35 in the Iron disc, just wondering why it rang a solid 90/91 signal... I doubt they are silver?

Thanks Bo

Yeah, Capt...normal...lots of bits and bobs SOUND like silver but are not...those aluminum tops of fence posts near a chain link on a sportsfield will get you too...
It takes a while to figure out how to try to discern things without digging it all..
I thought I had it down until last Winter....

Funny story....Me and a Forum Buddy STURRAT were wading and hunting with our Pros...I got a 90/91 out in the water...I had just dug about 4 pieces of deep copper flashing giving off similar tones and tids....anyway, after scooping out a good hole without the target, I gave up on the signal and walked away...

STURRAT says, "Is there anything over there?" I pointed to my hole and said, "Yeah, theres a silver dollar or half down in there someplace"...So he goes over with his Pro, and with one scoop pulls up a Sterling Silver top off an old salt shaker!:mad::laughing: So I guess the best advice I can offer is just keep plugging away and NEVER abandon a target!:laughing: Or hunt alone so theres no witness!!:laughing:

Mud

Attachments

• jan 7-16.jpg
    jan 7-16.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 388
Like Mud said your going to get a lot of that , determining the size helps you to decide to dig or not . Good Luck !
HH

Nothing is ever certain with this hobby, which is exactly why I love it!

Good luck!

I was in a park with my pro and I got a nice solid high tone and this thing was BIG like alum can big but I dug it and turned out to be a silver bracelet. You just don't know sometimes.

My last screaming 90/91 signal turned out to be an aluminum bicycle reflector.

It was like 4 inches in diameter too.

Have dug all repeatable in a old trashy park.

Heres what I found. Lot of trash but a lot of good targets too, If there is something near the target metal it could give a bad tone when you have a good target. AT Pro will do the job. You can use that Iron Audio on deep targets too as long as you have disc set above zero. Wont throw too much at ya, but it is deep. Stock coil does ok. You may want a smaller 5x8 or nel. I have the 5x8 coil. Hardly never take it off. Good luck.

They take a little getting used to, but I think you're going to like the AT Pro. I know I do!!

Congrats on getting a Pro. Something that has really helped me is pinpointing by wiggling the front of the coil. With practice it becomes faster and more accurate than the pin point feature. Also, and this is where it will help you, pinpoint with the front and then the back of the coil to measure the size of the target. I've pretty much eliminated high sounding can slaw by doing so.
HH...

Back
Top Bottom