EURO TEK PRO questions.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Hey guys n gals,
A couple months ago I bought a ET Pro for my friend. The unit is stock coil and seems to work great. We've practiced with him a lot on his 180 + yr old yard. I've taken him to dirt areas in a park as well and he keeps getting hung up on high repeatable signals and wears himself out digging to China. I've explained wrap around effect and deep iron but he keeps pointing out these high hits in the low 90's. I finally go over to his massive holes and swing the 705 over and read iron. The ETP still reading 90 something. (I don't remember his exact numbers). It takes me some time but I get him to give up because he's well past a foot and still no target.
Is the ETP with concentric stock coil sensetive to wrap around? The ground is a bit high side for mineralization. Maybe that's why.
Tin

If a number is in the 90s, if it is wider than a coin in pinpoint, it is a large target & usually junk. If you raise up the coil 8 t p 10 inches & still hear it, it is not a coin. Also, depth reading on one of these large objects (in pinpoint) would read very shallow. The depth reading is only accurate for coin size objects. So if you are coinshooting & it says 4" & you dig down 12" & still get a beep over the center of the hole, it is a large object & usually junk like iron.

In some locations there may be iron relics with some value, but I just detect parks & schoolyards for coins. I have a Eurotek Pro & it is loud on a dime planted down 5" & the ID is usually accurate or close. With the 11" DD coil someone said it gets their 8" deep quarter at sensitivity 8 of 10, but with the 8" coil it was not detected. So probably figure a max of 7" on a quarter, but this can vary some with type of soil. Best wishes!

Hey guys n gals,
A couple months ago I bought a ET Pro for my friend. The unit is stock coil and seems to work great. We've practiced with him a lot on his 180 + yr old yard. I've taken him to dirt areas in a park as well and he keeps getting hung up on high repeatable signals and wears himself out digging to China. I've explained wrap around effect and deep iron but he keeps pointing out these high hits in the low 90's. I finally go over to his massive holes and swing the 705 over and read iron. The ETP still reading 90 something. (I don't remember his exact numbers). It takes me some time but I get him to give up because he's well past a foot and still no target.
Is the ETP with concentric stock coil sensetive to wrap around? The ground is a bit high side for mineralization. Maybe that's why.
Tin

Is he getting solid hard hit? Iron falsing can be usually figured out if it is had to repeat and seems to move around. Coins usually will hit much more solid.

Thanks guys,
As I remember its solid hits. I'll pass these tips to him while I'm trying to teach him. I'm pretty sure he's hitting large iron. I don't have any time on his ETPro myself but I think its a great little machine. I have no issue iding anything with my 705. He's so new at it. I need to get him on a good clad site so he can learn his coin hits.
Thanks for the help.
Tin

Back
Top Bottom