Minelab Eureka gold a good relic machine?

Hello planerie,

never had a ML Eureka so only advice will be for what I heard about.

Depending on the available frequencies I think it will do good on all metals and I think deep will be good, too.
The disc should have a greater range for rejecting ring pulls and so, too, but it is a Gold detector so the disc will reject only man made iron.
But even in that disc-range you can reject small gold. If you're after gold, less disc is better.

Beeing myself a relic hunter (think so) I'm not after iron targets. May be every now and then a old pocket knife with brass rivets is found, but I really try to leave this stuff in the ground. And some times a little more is rejected depending on the amount of junk that's coming up.

Had the Eureka in mind long time ago, too, but let it pass on the lack of target ID. (nuggets isn't the goal here...)

I know this will be no big help, but may be another detectorist will chime in.

Good Luck

Thanks for the comments. I hunt Civil War sites so I do want to dig some iron. Saturday I found a 12lb Nepoleon cannon ball so not all iron is bad.

Thanks for the comments. I hunt Civil War sites so I do want to dig some iron. Saturday I found a 12lb Nepoleon cannon ball so not all iron is bad.

That's for sure, planerie. Not all iron finds are bad. But here in this area most iron is eaten up by soil, very bad ground conditions here.
So I better leave it where it is (as most of it are tractor parts). :laughing:

Think the Eureka can do it for you. But you'll know if you try, and there is a lot to try with this detector depending on it's three frequencies.

It is not highly regarded as a gold machine. Surely there are better choices for relics. Most folks looking for a relic machine want to be able to find non ferrous targets in places where there are TONS of ferrous trash. For this, fast recovery is needed.

Back
Top Bottom