Upgrade needed to have more fun!

dsalz2011

Hi all!

I have been hooked on the adventure and excitement of metal detecting since elementary school. I will never forget the summer that I saved up all the money I made and headed down to RadioSchack to buy my very first detector. A very generic, store brand detector with a couple simple knobs, a switch and 0-9 needle gauge. It's been about 15 years since then, and that metal detector still "kinda" works and I've been lucky enough to share this excitement with my 7 year old niece.

I am ready to get something that will help take me to the next level of detecting without breaking the bank. A used machine would be more than sufficient for me, and I am looking to get serious about finding some "new" old treasures.

I am located in southern WI, south of Madison, and there is ALOT of history here and I have actually found some pretty amazing things in just my few simple years of detecting. Let me know what you guys think should be my next step towards purchasing a detector! THANKS!

Hi all!

I have been hooked on the adventure and excitement of metal detecting since elementary school. I will never forget the summer that I saved up all the money I made and headed down to RadioSchack to buy my very first detector. A very generic, store brand detector with a couple simple knobs, a switch and 0-9 needle gauge. It's been about 15 years since then, and that metal detector still "kinda" works and I've been lucky enough to share this excitement with my 7 year old niece.

I am ready to get something that will help take me to the next level of detecting without breaking the bank. A used machine would be more than sufficient for me, and I am looking to get serious about finding some "new" old treasures.

I am located in southern WI, south of Madison, and there is ALOT of history here and I have actually found some pretty amazing things in just my few simple years of detecting. Let me know what you guys think should be my next step towards purchasing a detector! THANKS!

What's your bank?
Wouldn't want to break it.

I would like to stay at $300 or less. I know that a little quality will pay off in the end. The less I can get away with the better, but whatever it will take to not be frustrated with equipment.

If you want a screen, the F2 comes in packages with multiple coils starting at about $200.
About $270 will get you a DD coil or a package with 3 coils including a 10 inch.
Contact our sponsors here for the best price, and ask about a package deal with a Propointer.
That is an accessory that many modern day hunters will not do without.

Other options would be an Ace 250 or 350, but I think the F2 has better value.
Another unit recommended around here is a Tesoro Silver...no screen, but some think it isn't really all that needed, and goes pretty deep.
Those would be my choices at your pricepoint, new, I am sure others will chime in.

Used an Xterra 305, a Tesoro Cibola, an F4 are a few you might look at.

Back
Top Bottom