Found a site where no detector has been, put me over the 100 silver mark!

Holy bejesus!! Thats some silver!! Now show me pictures of the cedar trees, they were around werent they? Ever since i started my rant on this ive been googeling. Red cedar was the wood of choice for all 1800s settlers, they used it for everything primarily for building log strctures. And the tree is not native for my area at all. the only place we see it in the midwest is where old 1800s settelers were. I told this to my dad a few weeks ago and now he's hooked. Everywhere we go he's looking for cedars. We was scounting really old places to hunt. Pulled up at an old church in back....he said.."so wheres the cedars?" I said i guess they didnt plant any here..i dunno. Drove around front, in the fron a BIG very old cedar. In the same town we drove through an old cemetary to look at the old graves. Right off the bat you cant see a cluster of 4 old looking cedars standing in the middle. Tried to bet him where the oldest graves were gonna be..no bet. And there ya go. Most likely not true for everywhere, but here...you can judge prime 1800s hunting ground by those cedars

Great hunt! You got a keeper spot there, keep hitting it and dig all those solid signals. Those old cabins and recreational areas are awesome if you can find one that has not been hunted before. Very nice!!

Thanks for a terrific post. It is a moral booster! My time WILL come. I will be able to find the mother lode. As long as YOU have not hunted in New York, I still have a chance.

:D :D :D :D

Holy bejesus!! Thats some silver!! Now show me pictures of the cedar trees, they were around werent they? Ever since i started my rant on this ive been googeling. Red cedar was the wood of choice for all 1800s settlers, they used it for everything primarily for building log strctures. And the tree is not native for my area at all. the only place we see it in the midwest is where old 1800s settelers were. I told this to my dad a few weeks ago and now he's hooked. Everywhere we go he's looking for cedars. We was scounting really old places to hunt. Pulled up at an old church in back....he said.."so wheres the cedars?" I said i guess they didnt plant any here..i dunno. Drove around front, in the fron a BIG very old cedar. In the same town we drove through an old cemetary to look at the old graves. Right off the bat you cant see a cluster of 4 old looking cedars standing in the middle. Tried to bet him where the oldest graves were gonna be..no bet. And there ya go. Most likely not true for everywhere, but here...you can judge prime 1800s hunting ground by those cedars

Of the places I have hunted only one had cedar trees and yes they were very old and I did find some coins back to the 1800's nearby. Here is a picture of a park where I found over half of the silver coins this year including the morgan dollar. Mostly ash trees here.

Attachments

• Kerk park 4-12a.jpg
    Kerk park 4-12a.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 126
Awesome finds on all the silver!! It makes me envious of your Mding skills. Ive only found 4 silver coins this year and a few small jewelry items, the silver keeps calling to me!

Back
Top Bottom