MXT PRO coil options?

robby4570

Elite Member
Hi y'all

I'm seriously considering getting an MXT Pro for this summer to start doing my 11 acres. I'm pretty confident that it has never been searched, as it was in the family we bought it from for nearly 50 years at least. I am looking for relics primarily - in fact, CW relics specifically - but old coins would be nice too.

It is about half cleared and half forested, so a large coil would be desirable to cover more ground but there are a few areas that are heavily trashed so a small coil would also be a help. What 2 coils would you get in addition to the standard 12 inch that comes with it? I'm open to aftermarket coils as well as White's made coils.

Here's where it will be used (I may be able to do a nearly identical tract adjacent and above in this shot as well):

574820_10152578177560635_554448017_n.jpg

Thanks for looking and thanks for your input...

The 6x10 Eclipse DD works really well in trash. If it gets really trashy then the 4x6 Eclipse Shooter DD works nicely, I have both of them. They work well in trash and also in the salt so if you ever want to hit the beaches you'll be in good shape.

I use the 5.3 Eclipse about 90% of the time. It's great in trash areas, seems to get good depth and is light. It's also easy to use in wooded/brushy areas since it's small and round. I will on occasion put on the 9.5 if I have a large open area, or even the little 4x6 if I have a super trashy area, but the 5.3 is my most used coil by a long shot. I have the Super 12 that came with my machine and I bet I have less than an hour of use on it. It just isn't applicable to my usual hunting areas.

Thanks for the input!

I will definitely be getting an MXT Pro later this summer. It comes with the 300 coil standard and I think I will get the Eclipse DD 6x10 most likely for the trashy areas (and I know there are some very trashy areas around the sites of the old house trailer and the barn and shed).

I will definitely be getting an MXT Pro later this summer. It comes with the 300 coil standard and I think I will get the Eclipse DD 6x10 most likely for the trashy areas (and I know there are some very trashy areas around the sites of the old house trailer and the barn and shed).

I know this is an old thread, but after reading all of the post, I am curious as to how you liked the MXT Pro, what coil you actually went with and what all did you find... I currently hunt with an MXT Pro several days a week and I bounce back and forth between the 950 coil and the 5.3, but am wanting to add a 3rd coil that will give me more depth than the 950 as I would like to go back over some permissions that I have hit hard over and over, but I still believe there are some goodies just a little deeper than the 950 or 5.3 will go....

Back
Top Bottom