XP Deus reminder

Constructive criticism should not be confused with sarcasm. Download the manual and save yourself from future aggravation when discussing the XP Deus.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1233603/Xp-Metal-Detectors-Deus-V4.html

Okay, here's the constructive criticism. I was looking at the Deus and the CTX3030 nearly a year ago. I like the features of the CTX3030 better but liked the weight of the Deus. It came down to tones. The Deus tones just make my skin crawl.

Then I heard that there might be a new lighter waterproof Minelab. Glad I waited. Looking forward to seeing what the Equinox is like. The bad thing is that it'll probably be a year before the bugs are worked out.

In the mean time, I'll keep using my good old Xterra 705. It's been a great machine.

Peace be with you.

Okay, here's the constructive criticism. I was looking at the Deus and the CTX3030 nearly a year ago. I like the features of the CTX3030 better but liked the weight of the Deus. It came down to tones. The Deus tones just make my skin crawl.

Then I heard that there might be a new lighter waterproof Minelab. Glad I waited. Looking forward to seeing what the Equinox is like. The bad thing is that it'll probably be a year before the bugs are worked out.

In the mean time, I'll keep using my good old Xterra 705. It's been a great machine.

Peace be with you.
See if Deus tones makes your skin crawl, then they are working at optimum setting to notify you that there is a target in the ground. Other machines doesn't get your fullest attention. It is a glass half full from peoples point of view.The point I was making is it is not in the details that they provide, it is the details that they aren't sharing that you have to watch out for. Equinox has speed of XP Deus with shallow targets but it does not have custom expert settings to also change tone bins, expert notching of tones bin to ID,to change or control of volume of tone nor can it run as fast and deep at same time like Xp Deus can. You complained about Deus tones, you now know that there are settings to change tones if you wanted to do so. No need to justify what you want to spend your money on. It is your money. I just wanted you to be aware that it is going to be a difficult task to become a Deus killer no matter what other brand name you wear. It is not carved in stone but your not hearing the fat lady sing just yet. Congrats on your newest machine when you get it. I am looking forward to hearing about the equinox from a less hyped atmosphere....

bibelot you are correct the deus tones really do alert very well in iron or in the open . They really get your attention.

TTT Let us not forget this simple fact, there is no turning back.Either buy a XP Deus or settle for less ......Have a good weekend and wishing many finds, even if you didn't pick up a Deus.....:D

Coolbeans ! If you start a Deus thread, I'll start one. I'm thinking maybe we can change the minds of those who don't believe .

if you buy me one I'll believe.....Until then my mxsport has been absolutely killing it. I am looking at a dues or ctx3030 though.....need to widen my arsenal.

if you buy me one I'll believe.....Until then my mxsport has been absolutely killing it. I am looking at a dues or ctx3030 though.....need to widen my arsenal.

If your killing it with a MX sport, there is no reason to get something different. If you want to hunt some time, I have 2 xp deus machines + an assortment of others, it wouldn' t be a problem to run one before you decide to buy one.

If your killing it with a MX sport, there is no reason to get something different. If you want to hunt some time, I have 2 xp deus machines + an assortment of others, it wouldn' t be a problem to run one before you decide to buy one.

I would love too, I'm not far from you in alfred. I'm just thinking different machine work in different ways, so it would be good to be able to hit sites with two machines and potentially miss less.

Is it almond dam park? Have you ever hunted it? It is about 25 minutes from me, I never hunted it but been meaning to see if anything is there.let me knoiw when you can get time for a hunt.

Is it almond dam park? Have you ever hunted it? It is about 25 minutes from me, I never hunted it but been meaning to see if anything is there.let me knoiw when you can get time for a hunt.

Nope, I haven't tried there yet,but with all the flooding that happens there and camping it would be really really rough going. Not to mention the high levels of heavy metals in that place. I do a lot of night hunting due to life constraints, so if your not afraid of the dark I'm always down anytime. Other than that its weekends when my daughter visits her mom. I'll pm you my number.

Why is the deus crowd so intent on showing the world it is the superior detector?? I don't get it. If you have the best detector ever and find all the goods everyone else leaves behind good for you. Congrats on that. Why would you want everyone to swing the same exact machine and find all the goodies before you do? I don't see any other brand loyalist pushing anything harder than the deus. You can't force feed people. If they want to try it or use it they will. There are many other detectors just as good as the deus and many that fit other detectorists style and site conditions better and that will never change. Best tool for the job won't always be the deus or any other detector for that matter. Just enjoy your detector and stop trying to make everyone else enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I use Deus, talk about too.
It is not superior in all applications for detecting.

I guarantee it.

I can think of a few at least detector coil combos,,depending on the detecting scenario will kick the Deus' booty.

One must not get tunnel vision.

Why is the deus crowd so intent on showing the world it is the superior detector?? I don't get it. If you have the best detector ever and find all the goods everyone else leaves behind good for you. Congrats on that. Why would you want everyone to swing the same exact machine and find all the goodies before you do? I don't see any other brand loyalist pushing anything harder than the deus. You can't force feed people. If they want to try it or use it they will. There are many other detectors just as good as the deus and many that fit other detectorists style and site conditions better and that will never change. Best tool for the job won't always be the deus or any other detector for that matter. Just enjoy your detector and stop trying to make everyone else enjoy it.

If it bothers someone to think we are pushing a XP Deus, maybe they are led astray from within their own line of thought ?:?:

If I really thought Xp Deus is a end all of other machines, wouldn't I only have XP Deus in my signature instead a listing of multiple machines ?:?::lol:

Nope, I haven't tried there yet,but with all the flooding that happens there and camping it would be really really rough going. Not to mention the high levels of heavy metals in that place. I do a lot of night hunting due to life constraints, so if your not afraid of the dark I'm always down anytime. Other than that its weekends when my daughter visits her mom. I'll pm you my number.

Those are the types of places that I like to hunt but we don't have to hunt there. I don't know if there is anything there but I've always wanted to give it a try and it is located near both of our locations. Sometimes places like that produce decent finds, you just never know until you hunt them. Yes, it would be great to get out for a hunt, I am always detecting somewhere ,every weekend.

I do not think it is a force feed situation. Most of us who are fond of the Deus came up swinging other machines, myself, an AT Pro. I think it is more that when you begin to understand a Deus and what it is telling you, you begin finding things in areas you thought were hunted out. You may also realize you are being alerted very well to deep targets in your test garden that seemed almost impossible to hit reliably with your other machines. Once you begin to have these realizations you feel obligated to let others know how incredible "you" think this machine is. We all do it in different ways but I think for all of us it is more like "hey guys, you should check this out" than force feeding. Most of us will acknowledge other machines strong points, even the most infamous video making deus advocate on this forum and youtube. For me, and the type of places I hunt, the Deus does what I need. Is it the end all of detectors, no but I challenge anyone to find a deus user who has taken the time to learn it who will not agree that they have found things in high trash sites that have been pounded by other machines. Yes other machines have better ID but some of them are very heavy and few will hit as deep with a 9 inch coil. It is a great little machine, if you learn how to use and understand it. This is just MY opinion, not trying to sell it to anyone.

I do not think it is a force feed situation. Most of us who are fond of the Deus came up swinging other machines, myself, an AT Pro. I think it is more that when you begin to understand a Deus and what it is telling you, you begin finding things in areas you thought were hunted out. You may also realize you are being alerted very well to deep targets in your test garden that seemed almost impossible to hit reliably with your other machines. Once you begin to have these realizations you feel obligated to let others know how incredible "you" think this machine is. We all do it in different ways but I think for all of us it is more like "hey guys, you should check this out" than force feeding. Most of us will acknowledge other machines strong points, even the most infamous video making deus advocate on this forum and youtube. For me, and the type of places I hunt, the Deus does what I need. Is it the end all of detectors, no but I challenge anyone to find a deus user who has taken the time to learn it who will not agree that they have found things in high trash sites that have been pounded by other machines. Yes other machines have better ID but some of them are very heavy and few will hit as deep with a 9 inch coil. It is a great little machine, if you learn how to use and understand it. This is just MY opinion, not trying to sell it to anyone.

Good post here.
Well thought out.
Actually, the same thing happened when the fbs detectors came out.

Could we see a repeat, again with Equinox???

Yeah, the fewer Deus users the better for who??? Lol
Folks should be feeling good here because members here don't keep secrets or hold back on certain model detector's performance.

Folks can buy what they want model wise.

Just remember though, don't say some here didn't spill the beans about certain detector models.

Sometimes I think,,wonder if Deus would have never been made, or was never allowed entry into USA,,, what exactly find wise would still be hiding in the nails and iron??

Or wonder the same as far as the Minelab fbs series detectors, what coin wise would still be buried??

Or wonder if no metal detecting forums ever were created or existed, how many good finds would still be buried??

This is perfectly fine. Saying "hey look at what this thing can do" is great. Posting dozens of threads saying the same thing over and over and then proceeding to get angry when others don't listen is different. Also continually bashing other brands as well because they are supposedly inferior to the deus is another thing. That is what some deus supporters have been doing(not you from what I have seen). And I just don't get it. I love my etrac and my at pro in certain scenarios but I am not angry if anyone else doesn't love them. I let people know my success stories and share my experiences and leave it at that. I could care less if I am the only one in the world swinging a detector. If it works well for me and I like using it I am happy and I don't care what anyone else thinks of it. Everyone is different and has different site conditions and different styles of hunting so no one detector works well for everyone. There is a really good chance that some are not missing any targets by using an fbs or other detector in their area and not a deus. I am a firm believer that if you truly "master" any mid to high end detector you can find anything that any other detector will find.

Those are the types of places that I like to hunt but we don't have to hunt there. I don't know if there is anything there but I've always wanted to give it a try and it is located near both of our locations. Sometimes places like that produce decent finds, you just never know until you hunt them. Yes, it would be great to get out for a hunt, I am always detecting somewhere ,every weekend.

I'm down, I also know of many many cellar holes around that have been producing very nicely, and some old permissions in town

Back
Top Bottom