Do Teknetics make quality machines?

Mtc8966

I picked up a used Teknetics Gamma 6000 a few months ago.
Seems to work good in the field - no real complaints on the unit itself.

I don't really hear much on the Teknetics brand. Are they considered a "quality" hobby grade metal detector?

I understand they're made by First Texas.

I'm just wondering if they're considered a quality brand like Garrett, Whites, MineLab, Tesoro. Or just kind of a beginners toy.

Like I said, seems to work OK. I just don't know much about the brand itself because I don't hear too much about them

Thanks!

Such as the Teknetics T2se and such which are not toys.

There have different levels just like Garrett, Fisher..etc.

It's a good brand overall.

I bought my first Teknetics back when George Payne left Whites and started his own company. He was the one who invented the target ID and the audio Id. I still have and use my old Tek 9000 from time to time and it still finds coins. i currently have five of them.

OK cool!! Good to hear some overall positive things about it.

Like I said originally, I picked one up used without knowing much about the brand and what overall impressions were on Teknetics.

I never really hear much about them. I know they're owned by First Texas. First Texas must have acquired the Tekenetics brand at some point.

I guess I'm wondering if they were better off as a stand alone company compared to today. I know we have alot of folks on here who have been into the hobby for a long time. Maybe Teknetics had a more respected following before they were "acquired". Or do they make a better product under First Texas ownership.

Had a 4000, a 6000 and two 8000s. Quality machines. The T2 is a beast. They are fine detectors. GL and HH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have swung a Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, and now on my second T2 SE LTD. All were/are very good macines. I really like the T2, lightning fast ID and separation. The T2 with the 5"DD is an awesome setup in trashy parks. I have found rings with this combo. The T2 is super lightweight and with a bigger coil can go pretty deep. Just checkout the videos from "SC digger" on youtube. He really finds the goodies with the T2.:yes:
And NO, Teknetics is not a cheaper version of Fisher.:roll:
First Texas makes very affordable and capable machines.:D

Last edited:
I have owned a gamma, omega ver. 4 and now the Patriot. Teknetics are solid machines that have paid for themselves for me. The Patriot is relatively new and is doing a good job with stock coil and now the Nelson snake. HH

I guess I'm wondering if they were better off as a stand alone company compared to today. I know we have alot of folks on here who have been into the hobby for a long time. Maybe Teknetics had a more respected following before they were "acquired". Or do they make a better product under First Texas ownership.

First Texas makes, Bounty Hunters, Fisher and Teknetics. All are are good machines with different features for different people.

Love my Delta 4000. Finds gold and silver quite often. The one limitation I feel though is that it doesn't get as deep as say a Minelab could. But also its a fraction of the price.

Delta 4000

Would it be worth it to buy a barely used Delta 4000 for $100. or am I better off to just keep using my Pioneer 505
Is the Delta 4000 better

Would it be worth it to buy a barely used Delta 4000 for $100. or am I better off to just keep using my Pioneer 505
Is the Delta 4000 better

The 505 has ground-track, an advantage over a fixed GB unit in some soils.

I would think this would be closer to a sideways move than anything reading the manuals but i have never touched either one so wait for more informed opinions.

I can say depending on shipping costs $100 for a Delta might leave a little wiggle room for some profit if you wanted to resell it...probably.

There wouldn't be any shipping charges, it would only be about a 20-25 min drive to get it. Upside to the Delta is you have the vdi numbers, and my 505 is good on coins and even civil war bullets, would the Delta be better for relics over my 505

I would shy away from a delta 4000, out of all machines I ever used, 4000 had worst discrimination to where when I disc nails, they showed up as foil, disc foil, show up as tabs... had THREE delta 4000s because I wanted to give it a fair shake.... all were same, and sold all and personally wouldn't use one if it was free.

Your mileage may vary, but just a friendly tid bit of advice based on actual use and experience with the machine. I was STOKED when i got my first one, but dug so many nails and bolts with it, it was a beep and dig machine, as in dig it all, and I don't have time to dig 100 screws per hunt that a machine incorrectly identifies. Do what ya want, just took the time to offer a flip side of the coin.

Notice on youtube... how many popular youtubers swing a delta 4000? There's a reason for that. :)

Appreciate the input, any others have good or bad experience with the 4000, might be good to get it and flip it for a profit towards a better detector

Back
Top Bottom