• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett AT MAX Coil To The Soil Depth Test

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
This is how the AT Max does in my soil. You might get even better depth, or less. A larger coil should get you even more depth.

https://youtu.be/UgfvB9QSPww

Attachments

• DIGS.jpg
    DIGS.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 240
John,
Thanks for posting the video. For the type of hunting I do, I would probably not be running in the true all metal mode. If you can find the time, I would love to see what the Max can do in the Zero mode.

John,
Thanks for posting the video. For the type of hunting I do, I would probably not be running in the true all metal mode. If you can find the time, I would love to see what the Max can do in the Zero mode.

This probably the best depth testing you'll see until they get released to the masses.

Looks like it might have a 1/2 on the gold in disc mode probably comes from them lowering the kh from 18 to 13.6. You can see the same thing on a multi frequency machine test it on a 10 inch silver dime in 17 kh and then lower it to 11 or 7 and you will see a depth increase and better signal response on the high conductive targets. I cant tell from the hoover boys video in disc mode where the at max has substantial depth increase over the gold.

I have one on order , i will be able to tell you if there is any depth increase when i start testing it in my test bed. Whether there is or is not, i wanted it for all the new features it has over my old pro and when i get it, it will make all my detectors wireless which was a big benefit to me. Also i just cant bring myself to stick my 2500 ctx in the water which was another advantage for me by having it.

Back
Top Bottom