New Deus users or folks interested in Deus (info and videos)

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
This post meant to be more or less a one stop shop for Deus info for beginners or folks interested in Xp Deus metal detector.

I highly encourage all to read the version 4.0 manual.
There is a link below to the manual for your reading pleasure.

A lot of Deus units received by folks may indeed have 3.x manuals provided with their units.

After you use your new unit, go back reread portions of the manual.
And again repeat this.

It will take more than a few times to comprehend all.
And some in field use and testing will go a long ways in understanding some of what is stated in manual.

Deus is not a dead quiet running unit!!!!
It will chirp, if used to detect.
Don't be trying to get it not to chirp.

Deus, the way it IDs targets is a break away from tradition here when compared to most other Vlf detectors.
A person air testing their units, this air testing (as it relates to ID) don't paint true picture of how Deus actually works in the field.

A lot of what Deus can do, how it will sound, how it will react,,,these tendencies can be mimicked a great deal with on top of the ground tests using nonferrous objects and item made of ferrous commonly located in detecting sites.

Navigation of unit needs to be mastered.
The only way to do this is to navigate, and peek around.
Especially under the expert tabs.

Mineralization strength meter.
New users should heed the data this meter provides to user.
It can and will affect some settings as far as detector performance.

Ground balance
User has options.
KISS priinciple should be applied here.
A pumping GB over clean ground to start off with.

Understand the icons for pairing of devices as depicted on remote (if applicable)
and headphone remote (if applicable)

Understand the 2 boxes where ground phase data is supplied on remote.

Be mindful of silencer setting (filter) this setting will change on its own, depending on selected reactvity setting chosen.

Understand some audio volume while over deeper targets can be had with audio report levels 5 and higher.

Deus disc layout is not your typical disc layout.
If offers disc settings expressed in tenths with some disc settings.

New users IMO should steer away from all metal modes of detector excluding the use of pinpoint function.

Users should study the factory program settings depicted toward the rear of manual.

Users should learn what the term Vdi normalization means, and by turning this feature off,,,know how both means affect detector readings, and understand any advantages by using one setting or the other.

Understand Deus doesn't have a depth meter per se, ,,but does offer other means to judge depth (generally on coin sized objects).

Understand the notch feature.
It's use and affects is not exactly what a person would think, due to the way Deus IDs targets in the field.

When asking others for Deus advice,,,you should provide your soil mineral levels generally found in your sites.
Users should refer to the mineralization index meter readings as low scale, mid scale or 3/4 scale.
Deus will behave differently here depending on what the mineralization index meter reads.

Users should learn how to marry their components themselves.
Very good chance your deus detector will arrive with all components married to one another.

Pay very close attention to proper charging instructions as far as how the charging clip is connected to coil.

Here is link with summary of what version 4 brings.

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-deus-version-4-features

Here is link with actual Deus V4 users manual.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/telechargement/Instruction manual/DEUS_V4_MANUAL_UK.pdf

Now these links, when read and studied may cause some folks to asked some questions.

By all means ask.
With the talent of folks that visits and or post on this forum, you'll likely get an answer.

Here's a link with multiple videos talking about Deus.

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/category/videos-xp/deus/

MI-6 pinpointer users manual

http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/local/Xpmda/Frontend/assets/docs/MI-6_Manual.pdf

Xp classroom and skills center videos.
http://www.xp-detectors.co.uk

Link to site showing VDI of coins, Etc.
VDI normalization on Deus needs to be OFF for all the data to be more or less correct. Remember Version 4 default setting is ON.

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/xp-deus-vdi-chart-us-coins-relics.shtml

Folks will notice the Deus Lite package.
This is package without remote.

Here is some info shedding light on the Deus Lite package.
You may see this referred to as Starter Pack.

Here is what you have access to via wireless headphone module.

Factory program number selection
Remember some of the slots will be blank--- due to no upload

Disc
Sensitivity
Ground balance-- only manual-- no tracking or pumping like you would have with remote

Frequency
Number of tones,, to include pitch and full tones

Sound volume

Coil selection-- in case you have more than one coil

So what does purchasing a remote with your Deus package, what does it afford user to do?

The following :
Assign Notch
Tone break setting
Tone freq setting
Reactivity
Silencer
Ground notch
Iron vol adjustment
Ability to monitor actual ground phase as coil is swept
Auto ground tracking
Pumping GB option
Vdi normalization option
Xy screen option
Update version option,, or downgrade version option
Tx power setting
Freq shift
Overload setting
Pinpoint function
All metal mode(s) selection

Additional comments here.
A person purchasing a Deus package without remote.
They can use another person's remote and infact update their headphone module and coil.

They can by using someone's remote, actually program their setup with programs that entail making changes to the settings outlined above. (Remote only viewable/adjustable settings)
If a user does this, they will not have a way to actually view (or change) these settings, but the settings will be felt by user when detecting.
So a person would need to write down their settings per slot number on remote to remember which settings apply.

Comment I made above as far as what is lacking settings wise for Deus lite or starter package.
I referred to wireless headphones use only.
This would also extend to folks who have headphone module only (no remote) who elects to use wired headphones plugged in to ( headphone) module adapter plug.
The headphone module can be fitted to top of rod for use/ viewing and plug wired headphones in for hearing audio.
Didn't want to confuse folks here.

To close here, there is also a Deus Handbook available, authored by Mr Andy Sabisch.
Some or all Sponsors here who sell Xp products likely can help you with one if you desire to have.
I have the book, and can recommend.
Also this same gent offers boot camp training sessions for Xp Deus operation.
I haven't been to a boot camp session, so I can't offer an opinion.
Details though on these training sessions can be found on the findmall forum, subforum Xp Deus.

Last edited:
If any sponsor here that sells Xp products or any actual Deus users sees anything I posted in error in the introductory post here, by all means let me know and I will correct.

Anyone who has questions concerning Deus, especially newbies or those interested in Deus.

By all means ask.

This thread not limited to myself for those who want to answer folks questions or make clarifications on any issues involving Deus detector or operation.

I do think it is a good idea here though, to try and answer questions for folks.

Not to introduce subject matter that may be talking about advanced detector use.
Unless of course someone ask about such a matter.

I am hoping this thread can be linked or referred to in the future, to save folks from having to respond with details every time someone ask about a Deus detector for details.

If a new version update is released, I will try to update this thread as needed.

Great post with lots of good information! I wouldn't mind adding an xp to my arsenal someday but after reading post here and talking to owners over the last year I think I might need to wait until I retire. There are so many things to learn about this detector as far as properly setting it up for certain conditions and scenarios I just don't have that kind of time to put into the hobby right now with work and family. If I do add an xp to my stable I will come calling to you for advice and training for sure.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Great post with lots of good information! I wouldn't mind adding an xp to my arsenal someday but after reading post here and talking to owners over the last year I think I might need to wait until I retire. There are so many things to learn about this detector as far as properly setting it up for certain conditions and scenarios I just don't have that kind of time to put into the hobby right now with work and family. If I do add an xp to my stable I will come calling to you for advice and training for sure.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Detectorben.

I along with using Deus for years now have read no telling how many different post by folks on this forum and others, by folks who have a Deus detector and those interested.

I tried wholeheartedly to put my thinking cap on when I included what I did here to really help folks with information on the Xp Deus detector.

I hope it helps folks, even maybe help some sponsors here.
It would not be out of the question for a sponsor here to link this thread via private message when talking to potential customers.

Back
Top Bottom