V3I vs Etrac... Which would you buy?

I'm on the fence about the upgrade, financially it makes more sense for me to sell the F75 I have and buy a new F75ltd with the update. My F75 is mint, I could probably get $550 with the extra coil and rod, so for an extra $400 I can get a brand new F75LTD with 5 year warranty, 5in coil, and all the software updates. It works out to be like $100 more for a brand new detector. On the other hand, as my machine is still mint and in warranty I can just spent $309 right now and have a killer detector in a week or so. Decisions decisions...:?: The question is for I spend $150-200 or so more for a whole new F75 LTD detector, or just get the upgrade? Right now I'm spending most of my time on the V3i anyway, I might grab a CZ3d this winter to play around with as well.

I'd do it. But that's me I guess. You never know how long it will take to sell.

I'd do it. But that's me I guess. You never know how long it will take to sell.

I probably will, just for the fact that I already have a smaller 6in elliptical coil for it my F75 literally looks brand new, it would be more of a hassle to sell and ship it, then buy a new one, vs. paying for the upgrade. I plan to buy something else this Dec. so I'm trying to save every penny. I'd like to try an E-trac just to see what all the buz is about, I hated my Explorers but I know the E-trac is a different beast, that is if I can get the $$$ together, but right now I'm leaning towards a CZ3d at $800 vs. an E-trac at $1400+. I like to keep 3 detectors in my stable at all times, right now I'm down to 2.

Funny to see all the v3i votes. I can’t recall one person I know of that uses a V3i. I’m on a ton of fb detecting pages and nobody uses one

I know a couple of people who had V3i's and ditched them because they required too much tweaking to find stuff. However, they found the goods once setup for optimal performance.

I agree with coin whisperer.. I’ve had one several of my buddies had one all got traded away. Way to complicated.. I mean like crazy complicated, not deep enough etc.

All my buddies swing the deus Etrac or CTX.

No need to buy a new CZ or Etrac I feel.. so many gently used ones out there for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You use to be able to wirelessly "beam" your settings to other users on the early models, for some reason they've done away with that with the latest software updates. You now have to manually copy them in.

"You now have to manually copy them in.

That gets to be a time waster when any question about stability during a hunt. What happens sporadically, is that entries can be done in wrong methodology, too many changes at once, I'm not sure anybody knows "the whys" to losing the V3i's brains.

I've owned a V3i since 2010, and was forced to do a full reset more than once a year. You might say, "Twice isn't so bad." You find yourself asking whether the V3i was "lame" during the time between master resets. It's a vicious cycle. All the while, your hunt buddies around you are finding stuff, sometimes where you just walked. It pi$$es you off to have a shout-out, "Hey Martin, how did you miss this?"

I love the V3i when I leave it setup for getting good TID and VDI down to 7-8 inches. It is really good in that condition. The Etrac is far better at a turn-on-and-go and it gets 10"+ coins. The V3i has it's fine tuned mode, yet it seems to go wonky with a few insignificant tweaks, and then a reset eventually is all that can fix it. The routine of incrementally setting it up again starts

The V3i is king within moderate depth due to it's ID and analysis, but that's when you quit eagerly tweaking. The Minelabs see deep with very little, if any tweak at all. Jm2c

Lol.....that dealer sells more than just minelab. :laughing:

The best advice i can give you....look this this forum, look thru other forums. Make note of the people finding 100, 200, or even 500 silvers a year, what are they swinging? That speaks volumes, nuff said. If your after a deep silver machine, the answer is simple.

This!

I have been watching a YouTube channel that a guy uses the v3i and my god the the vdi is horrible on that thing!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah from what I remember, anything past 5" or so and the ID was all over the place.

The V3i is actually capable of getting some pretty good depth though.. Just requires some tweaking. Etrac can do the same thing right out of the box. Gotta love the simplicity. Just noise cancel and go.

I vote Ctx

Had to Etracs , good machine but the processor was a bit slow, now if you are the kind of guy that likes tweaking this ' and tweaking that , V3i, at the end the Ctx is a bit heavy but faster , and water proof to 10 meters , you get caught in the rain one day, you will like the CTX , happy hunting.

Back
Top Bottom