Beginner Detecter

ciachef2003

What would make a good beginner detecter? I was looking at the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Is it any good? Thoughts? Im not trying to break the bank.

The Teknetics EuroTek Pro and the Tesoro Compadre are great detectors & won't break the bank. Be happy to answer any questions & give you a price if you like.

What would make a good beginner detecter? I was looking at the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Is it any good? Thoughts? Im not trying to break the bank.

I would highly recommend the Garrett ACE 250. It was the first detector I bought. The price is really low, and for this you will get a great detector that is still easy to learn how to use.

Seconding the Ace250; the pinpoint function is worth the price difference between the 150. Others like the Fisher F2 as a first. These well known entry level machines also have like 80-90% resale value if things don't work out so very low risk.

About the only thing "beginner" about the Compadre, is it's place in price range. It's one of those units that you'll keep for good, no matter what you end up getting later. It's that capable of a machine!

I hunt with a T2 SE but have a Compadre too. It's what I started this hobby with. I've found gold, silver, and CW relics with it. If I had to part with one of the two, it wouldn't be the Compadre. :yes:

The Teknetics Eurotek Pro is so much better then the tracker IV. The ET Pro has a huge numerical ID, volume control, lets you adjust how or if you hear iron, sounds off loud in coins down many inches, few controls, so easy to learn, you know what you have most of the time before you dig it up. Probably wouldn't take long to pay for itself if used frequently where people lost money. Best wishes, George (MN)

Get the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. I have a Bounty hunter Tracker IV, an Ace 250, and the ETP. Without a doubt, the ETP is the best machine for the money! PERIOD! The standart 8 inch coil version can be bought for around $220. You cannot do any better for a beginner machine.

Get the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. I have a Bounty hunter Tracker IV, an Ace 250, and the ETP. Without a doubt, the ETP is the best machine for the money! PERIOD! The standart 8 inch coil version can be bought for around $220. You cannot do any better for a beginner machine.

+1

hi chef, I am a beginner as well and purchased a Garrett ATP because I know from experience that if I started out buying a $200 MD it would have ended up me having 4 or 5 MD's and ending up with the ATP anyway. I am basing this on my gun purchases, guitars, computers etc. Just my .02c

Good luck with your choice.

I got the garrett Ace 350 for my first detector, great machine! Now that I have detected for a few yrs, & have a tad bit more knowledge...;) I would also recommend the F2 for or too anyone for a beginner machine! (Has great features & a easy on the budget price. Good luck!

All metal detectors find metal, hunters have found great things with all types and brands, even the cheap stuff.
Usually the more you spend the more features on board and more benefits from those features.
Most of us start out simple and eventually upgrade, but still find a ton before they do.
I am a big fan of learning whatever you swing well, I subscribe to the theory that it is the person behind the machine and their experience that counts more than the machine itself.

I have and still use the Compadre, it is too much fun to use to put it away for too long, and it has found me over 10X's it's cost.
I bought the F2 as a backup/take on vacation unit only but we really clicked and I ended up using it more than I ever thought I would because it found me so much...and also turned out to be a blast to use.
That one has also found me over 10X's it's initial cost over time.

Whatever you pick just make a commitment to learn it well and you will be successful and find enough to buy upgrades in the future.

I have the Tesoro Compadre. It is easy to use, finds small gold, manufactured in America, Lifetime warranty and only $160.. Do we really need anything more?

I notice you are in FL. That being said, You will most likely search the beach in the future. You will want to consider a water proof detector. I would recommend the Garrett AT pro. The 350 and 250 are good machines but if you get it wet it is history. For a few dollars more you can own the water proof and better detector by buying the AT pro. IMO
Gary

Back
Top Bottom