Sniper Coil for ACE 350

Ihave a 4x6 for my Whites. The depth reading on mine is off by 2" but that is to be expected with a tiny coil and no way to adjust the computer to compensate for the size difference. VDI is accurate and the separation is nice. I have been able to recover a dime withing 10" of a chain link fence.. However, you will lose depth.. I would say the VID is accurate to about 6" with the sniper. Keep in mind these are tiny and not made to cover lots of ground..

I have an ace 350 with the 8.5x11 dd and bought an 5x8 dd and love it even more. don't know about sniper its concentric! I think.:cool:

I am a big fan of Sniper coils. They fit into spots larger coils can't fit, great separation in heavy trash, easy to swing, get you closer to metal fences, playground equipment, etc, and do well finding really small targets like fine jewelry (maybe a diamond stud earring). Under best conditions you may get just over 4" depth. It doesn't sound like great depth but think of how many greats finds have been found 4" or less. Also, its super easy to bring the Sniper coil with you while you are swinging something bigger. Just my opinion. GL and HH. Matt

They are great, in trashy tight places or just around metal. Only goes about 4"s deep. depending on soil & conditions.

On average, what depth do you get with the 5 by 8?

Well I don't know. It all depends on what your settings are. I seem to get great depth on my 250 (with DD) which is basically the same thing as a 350. I've heard that it gets better depth than the F2 and one long time poster states that it gets better depth than an AT pro. I've never used a sniper coil because I want the depth and I don't mind digging to see whats in the hole. Coin mode factory setting-Sensitivity at factory setting. Can always change settings and dig the can slaw looking for he smallest gold if you want.:grin:

Thanks for the responses. Have to do some more thinking.

I just used the sniper for a 2 hour hunt at a property that was a restaurant original house built 1807. Not much virgin ground left around the building .. and about 4000000000000 nails.. So with the sniper I was able to pull out some modern clad.. started with the NEL Hunter DD but could not zero in on anything for the nails.. Just sayin, they come in handy for some sites.. Nothing was deeper than 4".

Thinking about a sniper Coil for the ACE 350. My yard is too full of iron. Anyone use one? Worth it?

Is it worth it? That is definitely one coil that everyone should have, in my humble opinion. You just never know when you are going to need it. You will probably only get roughly 4" just like everyone else is saying (I'd say that it would also depend on your settings as well for max depth). The 5x8" is nice too and should get more depth (again, depending on your settings). I've NEVER had to deal with trashy sites... well, I have actually, but NOT 40000000000 nails worth of trash:shock::wow: But, nonetheless, the totlot that I was at one time was just killing my 8.5x11" DD. I would swing and just, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP... for like every inch or less. Well, maybe a bit of an exageration, but I think you get the picture. I put on the sniper coil and it was SOOOOO easy to find "good" targets. Either way, that's my suggestion/input. You'll thank the lot of us in the end for "pushing you along" in getting one:yes:

HH \_ to you

One thing to consider which has not been mentioned.. If you are planning to do the never ending UPgrade thing that many do, you may want to forgo the additional coils. With extra coils, you should also buy a lower shaft and pivot so you can switch it fast as well as a coil cover. So depending on the cost of the coil, you could be up over $100.. That coil will only work on your machine and other of the same manufacture that use the same frequency. So keep that in mind..
I am committed to the Coinmaster GT for a while, $399 for the machine, $150 for shooter coil/shaft and another $135 for the NEL Hunter.. would be hard to sell it all and get my money back without a big hit..

Back
Top Bottom