The Glory Hole-Another Morgan!!!!!!!!!!

Todd S

Heh All!

I found the glory hole! I went with my new etrac for the third time to the site last weekend where I had already pulled 21 wheats, two war nickels (11 other 1940-50's nickels, 6 1964 Kennedy halves, a 1971 Eisenhower "Proof" silver dollar in the US Mint package (Perfect condition), and for the best...a 1889, 1890 and 1921 Morgan Silver dollar.

Today I got one more war nickel and a 1903 Morgan!!!!!! That's 14 total silver coins from this glory hole-4 Morgans!

I plan to buy a camera later this week and try and repost pics of all these finds for everyone-if I can get my wife to help me! :) (I have to admit she actually found the site and two of the Kennedy halves -one by just digging a hole with a shovel and seeing the coin when she dumped it out), and several of the wheats with our White's M6. Hopefully I will have more coins to add to the post as I think I will hunt this site forever! All coins have been found in a 15 by 15 foot area at an old home and farm site that has been torn down!

I doubt I'll ever find a site like this again! It's weird that both detectors do not get good signals on most of these coins? (Power lines are nearby that I think mess with the detectors?) The dirt is very soft and deep-either where a farm building was or a garden. Bulldozer tracks are on it, and many coins are on edge, and there is "coin covers throughout it-all rotted away or degraded. I'm still hoping there are some more Morgans and other silver coins. Some of the coins are a foot or more down-very easy digging! I'm hoping there is more Morgan dollars for 1891-1902, and from 1904-1920! It's like they were planted like seeds!

Man, very encouraging to hear about the silver your pulling on this side of the country. Silver's seem to be so scarce in these parts. I found my second wheat today (first actual dug wheat, a 58d. The other was a tot lot find that couldn't have been there long, probably just a fluke find). My confidence is growing as I also found a ring on Sunday that could be silver. The stamp is almost unreadable so I wont know for sure without the help of an expert.

Congrats on your great finds.

Jeeze when I read the thread title I expected this to be a topic resulting in somebody getting banned. Don't think I've ever heard that phrase used this way!

Can't wait to see pictures! What kind of site is this? Private property? Public? Banned to metal detecting?

Yeah, you really need another name for the spot other than the one your using! Congrats on the finds though, looking forward to pics.

Back
Top Bottom