Fancy sash buckle

Dan B.

Elite Member
I was able to obtain permission for a property that has been in the same family for 150 + years. The property owner would like to see all the fines that are found on his property. I found the sash Buckle today that I have not showed him yet I'm guessing that it's late 1800s early 1900s. Here's a picture of the front and the back.

Attachments

• IMG_20170802_191427.jpg
    IMG_20170802_191427.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_20170802_191020.jpg
    IMG_20170802_191020.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 376
SWEEET, find! I like it!! Congrats, bet you're hoping the property owner doesn't recognize it as grannies and ask if he could have it. What could you say, you would be left with not much choice.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That's really old...

Any stamps, or marks on it?

Looks like silver from here, congrats!

<°)))>{

Now that is sweet enough to give you sugar diabetes! Oh man, you know he's going to want that back! Heck, I want it, and it sure wasn't my granny's! :laughing: You better say "goodbye" to it now, because I don't think you are going to get to keep it once you show it to him. GL though! :lol:

Last edited:
Simply fantastic find! I agree with Crackerjack though, when you show it to him/her, it's as good as gone. But at the very least you have excellent pics of it. I've had to give up too may nice finds without even a pic for memories sake. Well done!

Yes the property owner was very excited to see that. He is going to show it to his mom to try to find out the story on it. But the property owner has told me that I'm welcome back anytime and that this fall when the beans are out there's 80 acres of field that I can go through.

Back
Top Bottom