The magical park delivers again: big, ugly 14k with possible diamonds

Bagelbites

Forum Supporter
Hey! This morning I went back to the small neighborhood park that has been so good to me. I got a screaming 61-62 hit on the AT Pro and found this monstrosity about 4" down. I believe it is a small band that has been fused with the rest of the ring. There are 2 different 14k marks- one on the band, and one on the other part, and they look like different fonts. There are 9 stones, hopefully they are diamonds. It weighs in just under 12 grams. This is the 6th piece of gold jewelry I've found at this small park.

Attachments

• 20170731_083549.jpg
    20170731_083549.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 608
  • Dukub.jpg
    Dukub.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 630
  • Hggfff.jpg
    Hggfff.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 623
  • photo0.jpg
    photo0.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 601
interesting find. That solder job leads me to believe that maybe it wasn't intentional. Perhaps it was accidentally dropped into a fire or something. Or maybe it's just a really, REALLY bad DIY project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

interesting find. That solder job leads me to believe that maybe it wasn't intentional. Perhaps it was accidentally dropped into a fire or something. Or maybe it's just a really, REALLY bad DIY project.

That looks like a beautiful Modernist/Brutalist style ring, not a solder job or accidental disfiguring. Probably worth much more for it's style(with diamonds) than it would as scrap gold! Very nice score!

Thats a great payday! Whats your total gold weight out of this magic Park with your Pro so far? Certainly you have found more than the Pros Purchase price!

I found a ring that had another one soldered to it...I think this is somewhat a common deal..A jeweler upsell offer? Something old and sentimental soldered to a great big New one!

Very nice find! Congrats :yes:

I don't know if you see it much these days, but in years past people who wore multiple rings on one finger often had them soldered together. I have seen this mostly with wedding ring sets. It helps keep the rings properly aligned, keeps them from pinching between the rings, and helps keep them on if they're a bit large. Ladies used to buy ring guards to help widen a set and often those were also soldered together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not sure about that, but I'll take it either way.

Ugly 14K is worth just as much as pretty 14K, at least as melt. Great looking ring in my eyes.

BCD

Truer words were never spoken. I was very happy seeing this in the hole.

Possible diamonds? Naa, those will be real.

Small diamonds just don't have the value jewelers want you to think they do. Nice score on the gold!

Yes, after some research, I'm sure you're right. Just a small chunk of metal compared to the treasures that you find. Thanks.

That looks like a beautiful Modernist/Brutalist style ring, not a solder job or accidental disfiguring. Probably worth much more for it's style(with diamonds) than it would as scrap gold! Very nice score!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Want to buy it? :yes:

I like it ! Let me know if its for sale :laughing: (seriously though) congrats on yet another gold !

Thanks a lot!

Now that's a nice nugget..great find!

Yes sir, thank you for the reply.

That's a serious piece of gold! Nice one!

Agreed, thanks a lot.

Nice hunk of gold , congrats.

Thank you.

That's definately a custom piece. Nice score on that one, I'm sure whoever lost it is seriously bummed...

Definitely custom. Maybe they got tired of looking at it on their finger and decided it was better this way!

Thats a great payday! Whats your total gold weight out of this magic Park with your Pro so far? Certainly you have found more than the Pros Purchase price!

I found a ring that had another one soldered to it...I think this is somewhat a common deal..A jeweler upsell offer? Something old and sentimental soldered to a great big New one!

1g of 10k, 28.3g of 14k, and 5.1g of 18k. This little park paid for my AT Pro. Thank you!

Congrats, that's definitely a unique piece of gold! It's good to have those 'honey-holes'!

This park most certainly has been my honey hole. Thank you.

Very nice find! Congrats :yes:

I don't know if you see it much these days, but in years past people who wore multiple rings on one finger often had them soldered together. I have seen this mostly with wedding ring sets. It helps keep the rings properly aligned, keeps them from pinching between the rings, and helps keep them on if they're a bit large. Ladies used to buy ring guards to help widen a set and often those were also soldered together.

I've heard of that, and maybe this is the case. The band probably only weighs about a gram, so I'm very thankful this person decided to add the rest! Thank you.

Awesome looking ring worth more as jewelry!

Not sure I'm willing to put forth the effort of selling this as wearable jewelry (and keep a straight face). Thank you!

Man that's a good park you got there, 6 gold out of one little park is a nice job man!

Wow.

Thanks buddy. If you want, we can go hunt this park together sometime. There are parts that I haven't hit at all, and I found this ring in a part that I supposedly had covered before. Keep in mind that I am still pretty new at MDing so I would not be a bit surprised if there is more gold here. Actually, the way this park has treated me, I would be surprised if there WASN'T any more gold here. Just let me know, it would be fun.

Congrats on the nice chunk! Hope that ice is real for ya, I'm sure they will be.

You're right though... that thing is hideous :laughing:

That's a keeper, WTG
Not ugly, but unique...same thing I tell people about my dog that won an ugly dog contest.:laughing:
DL

Back
Top Bottom