January CRH (Wheaties & Silver)

Wolf-Dog

Elite Member
A couple weeks ago, I went to my local Credit Union and picked up $10 in Pennies and $40 in Nickels. :) Here are the results:

2 Wheaties (1945 and 1946-D)
6 Canadian Pennies

1 War Nickel (1943-S)
3 Canadian Nickels

The Canadian Nickels are the first ones that I’ve found CRHing, and 2 of them were in with the War Nickel (2 of the Canadian Pennies were also in with one of the Wheaties). :D God bless! :hi5:

First CRH of 2018 (Resized).jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the hunt, Wolf-Dog! I love the war nickel. :thumbsup: I agree, it's fun to collect foreign coins, even if they do not really have worth. :grin:

When I used to roll hunt dimes, I'd get about a dozen Canadians per every $100 US, over five years and $50k in dimes searched, they really added up...once I tried to pass off a few at the bank. The teller got really upset and almost threw them back at me...I never tried that again...later, I just peppered them into rolls of US dimes that I'd use at a gas station. :cool:

I did manage to pile up over 150 silver Canadian dimes though, which I kept, of course (50 and 80% silver).

Nice finds. I always like finding pre 1968 Canadian coins. I only like finding Canadian nickels and pennies though. The quarters add up :x

When I used to roll hunt dimes, I'd get about a dozen Canadians per every $100 US, over five years and $50k in dimes searched, they really added up...once I tried to pass off a few at the bank. The teller got really upset and almost threw them back at me...I never tried that again...later, I just peppered them into rolls of US dimes that I'd use at a gas station. :cool:

I did manage to pile up over 150 silver Canadian dimes though, which I kept, of course (50 and 80% silver).

Wow! That comes out to be around $600 in Canadian Dimes! :wow: Congrats on the Silver you got. :D

I'm trying to just get a nice one from each year and then also give my sister the ones she needs for her collection. :grin:

Nice finds. I always like finding pre 1968 Canadian coins. I only like finding Canadian nickels and pennies though. The quarters add up :x

Thank you, Uncletroy. :D I prefer the smaller value coins as well. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom