Patriot vs F5 and AT Pro

demyansk1942

Elite Member
Okay, I own the F5, F2, AT Pro and was looking at this one. Is this one an upgrade from the F5? I sort of like it, the Pro is my water detector and thought this might be a good one to try out. Need to be motivated like Digger!!!

Thanks guys - just got permission from a co worker who lives in a house built in the 1800's

The Patriot is the replacement rig for the F70. I own a F70 and it is definitely an awesome piece of equipment. I highly recommend the Patriot.

Spend that money on a 5x8 for the ATPro and use it in Pro mode @ that house , assuming there's a lot of iron and whatnots to pick through.

Don't know how much of an upgrade the Patriot would be over the F5.
Manual GB control on the F5, more tones on the Patriot and few other differences.
The F70 was a more expensive unit in the lineup but many have done great with the F5.
Most over the years have thought the F70/Patriot is a bit deeper but also a bit sparkier and maybe EMI affected.
Some have said the F5 might have a little more solid ID's deeper, but there are many all over the board on these issues...mostly soil related I would think.

If I was to pick between the two if I had nothing the Patriot...since you have that F5 already that makes this a tougher decision.

Tell you what though...The F70 (Patriot) and the AtPro make one helluva team!

They eat the same batteries, and when the Pro says its 'done' with them, you pop them right into the 70 and get another 12+hrs on that same set!

I like how these two rigs get along...they both pay for themselves every year...the Pro for Water, and the 70 for the dirt work...They both sling off piles of money and can handle just about any site and situation...

I'd be looking at that Patriot/Pro team for a good overall mid range set of tools.......They are like brothers of different Mothers..

Back
Top Bottom