"1652" Pine Tree Shilling

M.V. Metallics

Hey guys plucked this one the other day and just wanted to share with you all as I have also posted on TreasureNet. Many thanks to IronPatch for putting in some time on the possible variety! Any other info would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 3,000
Petty worn due to the salt environment but still has detail especially in the right light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,915
Nice find! Congrats! You're talking thousands of dollars, if I am reading correctly. You don't sound (type) like you're very excited....... :lol:

thousands for that??? :shock::wow::shock:

Well, everything I can find says 7,000+++++ for even the lowest condition coins, but heck, I have no clue what I am doing...... I just slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night...... ;)

Thanks guys!
Alright you asked for it....Edgartown, 5 days ago: There I was and I said to myself, self, let's go hit a beach on the harbor (a very historic harbor at that) I dig some nuts and bolts, lots of lead, some clad change, a round thin blank piece of silvery metal and I went home. The clad change and mystery disk wrapped in a napkin in my truck....The next day I decided to clean out my truck and when I finished the center console I started rubbing off the sand from the clad from my last dig the day prior in preparation to go into my change dish in my truck to be used for candy bars. I get to the freakin mystery disk and I all of sudden see a date right off the bat I hadn't seen when I dug it and put in my pocket...the closer I looked I could make out New England....immediately texted my buddies with whom got me into the sport, and one immediately replied saying "do you know what you have!" Needless to say I didn't and I'm completely taken back and in awe, one thousand thanks to all who have commented !

With some better photos you might get an exact match but here's the 2015 Redbook figures. Awesome find! Congratulations!

Attachments

• 20151201_204047.jpg
    20151201_204047.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,812
  • 20151201_204102.jpg
    20151201_204102.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,798
That appears to be the small pattern ......... but a huge find!! Price be damned that is a once in a lifetime find ...... and a well stamped item to boot! If that doesn't get the blood to pumping ........... nothing will. Send it to all the major magazines; see how many you make!!

What a great find for sure one of those bin on my bucket list for 25 years now and I'm sure it will be there another 25 once again awesome find congrats

That is what we call living the dream. I don't know a single New England detectorist who doesn't dream of finding a a Pine/Oak/Willow tree shilling.

Back
Top Bottom