Silver!

havenalmighty

Forum Supporter
Ok RelicHound please don't kill me after reading this..

I had this great idea that all silver items no matter the medium should be counted by weight. That way amazing finds (like sterling spoons) and others won't be discarded because they dont fit into the right class. In my honest opinion, silver is silver! No matter what shape. If you guys are tired of changing the rules im cool with how they are but maybe think about this idea for a future contest:yes:

And please don't let this turn into an argument. It is merely an idea.

Ok RelicHound please don't kill me after reading this..

I had this great idea that all silver items no matter the medium should be counted by weight. That way amazing finds (like sterling spoons) and others won't be discarded because they dont fit into the right class. In my honest opinion, silver is silver! No matter what shape. If you guys are tired of changing the rules im cool with how they are but maybe think about this idea for a future contest:yes:

And please don't let this turn into an argument. It is merely an idea.
RH wont kill ya, just talk you into it yourself. I agree tho, if we have a spring contest, get all the rules clearly in advance and everyone sign off on. For now it is for fun and we can fine tune it for the next time...........................HH

Attachments

• blazing-saddles-640.jpg
    blazing-saddles-640.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 190
That woulda been a fine idea, the problem is making rule changes after something starts in not cool.......I think this contest is really more of a pilot progrm for other possible contests, next time the powers that be will have a wealth of knowledge as to what works best and what should been done, this being the first contest of this magnatude it is going fairly smooth considering all the factors and viaribles at work......I think your idea has some validity, but then again everyone would need a scale to prove the weight so it still might not work.....I have a hunch the point system will be overhauled and clarity added as to what is point worthy and what is not .....Take care, and get out there and rack up some points !!!

I was wondering about the post made by Tinky in regards to saving some prizes for the next contest (where he worded it as something to the effect of "not wanting to waste them.") Prior to this the entry was open to anyone for these as drawing prizes. Would that prevent folks from donating entry fees to enter which was to go towards helping the site in the first place. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of it doesn't it?
But hey what the heck it is a learning experience for the next one right folks?

I was wondering about the post made by Tinky in regards to saving some prizes for the next contest (where he worded it as something to the effect of "not wanting to waste them.") Prior to this the entry was open to anyone for these as drawing prizes. Would that prevent folks from donating entry fees to enter which was to go towards helping the site in the first place. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of it doesn't it?
Trying to figure it all out gives me gas...........................

Attachments

• Fart_Scene_Blazing_Saddles.jpg
    Fart_Scene_Blazing_Saddles.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 185

You know what I said today on the phone :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm gladly donating money to the site. I love this site. I have been here almost every day for at least an hour since I discovered it. I just don't like it when I get all happy that I found jewelry for the contest only to find out it doesnt count because RH changed the rules while I was gone:( Its a downer. I understand how tough it is running this contest. So just do your best and don't try to please anyone. Just do what seems right in the long run.

I'm gladly donating money to the site. I love this site. I have been here almost every day for at least an hour since I discovered it. I just don't like it when I get all happy that I found jewelry for the contest only to find out it doesnt count because RH changed the rules while I was gone:( Its a downer. I understand how tough it is running this contest. So just do your best and don't try to please anyone. Just do what seems right in the long run.

the origianl rules your find would not have counted , then the change was made and it woulda counted .then they change back to the original rules......I think that is just the whole deal, you aint happy cause it didnt count, but others are unhappy because the change was made after the green flag dropped......Relichound did excatly the right thing by sticking the original rules back in ..hats off to relichound for his hard work!! The guy is truly a class act !!!!!

Contest

I think this will be a great learning experiance for everyone. I don't mind the donation at all. I have never been more eager to see everyone's posts of finds. My wife thinks I am crazy to want to detect so bad to in her words "win some dirty old dime worth a lousey 3 bucks". "you are embarresing showing my friends the junk you dig up." This is why I do it! I look forward to a spring contest after this. We can work out the finer details as we go. For those taking the time to organize this, THANKYOU. I enjoy the banter back and forth.

first of all thank you guys for all your patience and understanding{ness? :lol:}

second of all hevanalmighty..that is a wonderful idea and will defiantly be taken into consideration for the next contest.
also no prizes will be "wasted" tinky more or less worded that wrong give the kid a break hes new to this as all of us are ;) i knew the first time i changed the rules that was gonna start panic. my very first catfishing tourney i changed the rules the day after the start {merely added that a catfish had to be atleast #30 to be considered for "trophy points" when it was originally set at #20} that weekend i actually had 2 guys show up at my house on a sunday evening ready to kick my butt...all 6'4" 230# of it:roll: i had given my address publicly for donations{big mistake} and they lived rite across the bridge from me..it all worked out tho and i still fish with these guys..but here we are not dealing with $100 entry fees and 40+ teams and a considerable amount of prize money. we will have a "work shop" before the next tourney and i will set up a voice chat with pal talk for members here so we can speak to each other about the tourney rules and what not..voice chat seems to work alot better than typing. like said above this is the "pilot" and for the next we will know more about what we are doing.

first of all thank you guys for all your patience and understanding{ness? :lol:}

second of all hevanalmighty..that is a wonderful idea and will defiantly be taken into consideration for the next contest.
also no prizes will be "wasted" tinky more or less worded that wrong give the kid a break hes new to this as all of us are ;) i knew the first time i changed the rules that was gonna start panic. my very first catfishing tourney i changed the rules the day after the start {merely added that a catfish had to be atleast #30 to be considered for "trophy points" when it was originally set at #20} that weekend i actually had 2 guys show up at my house on a sunday evening ready to kick my butt...all 6'4" 230# of it:roll: i had given my address publicly for donations{big mistake} and they lived rite across the bridge from me..it all worked out tho and i still fish with these guys..but here we are not dealing with $100 entry fees and 40+ teams and a considerable amount of prize money. we will have a "work shop" before the next tourney and i will set up a voice chat with pal talk for members here so we can speak to each other about the tourney rules and what not..voice chat seems to work alot better than typing. like said above this is the "pilot" and for the next we will know more about what we are doing.

it cant be easy answering PMS (:lol:) working more than full-time , metal detecting and then checking all these threads trying to explain stuff and keep the peace..I think you are doing wonderful !!! keep up the good work.....and if you could stop finding good stuff that would be a big help to the rest of us :lol:

What Tinky meant on the wasting prizes thing wasnt about giving them to people. He said he didnt want to waste our sources of prizes. Like how we asked kellyco and they gave out a detector we probably just burned out that source because the good people at kellyco just donated like 500+ dollars. Not everyone is going to do that twice. It was nothing against people donating money or anything like that, its just that Asking 10 metal detector companies for prizes, and we do this again in 6 months, then we may only have 5 people to send prizes and less loot for the people in the contest..Understand?? :spin:

To be prepared for next time, we need to be discussing the next contest now.

Geeze! I feel like I am running for a political office with all of the people making so much controversy over what I said. LOL!

What I meant was we don't want to use up all of our prize resources now so we can have plenty of prizes for next time.

What Tinky meant on the wasting prizes thing wasnt about giving them to people. He said he didnt want to waste our sources of prizes. Like how we asked kellyco and they gave out a detector we probably just burned out that source because the good people at kellyco just donated like 500+ dollars. Not everyone is going to do that twice. It was nothing against people donating money or anything like that, its just that Asking 10 metal detector companies for prizes, and we do this again in 6 months, then we may only have 5 people to send prizes and less loot for the people in the contest..Understand?? :spin:
Did I miss something? Were all prizes to be done as drawing prizes? Or were some to be awarded for 1st and 2nd place? Did that get posted or did I miss it? If it wasn't covered it probably should have been.

We are here to pick up our prizes now................................

Attachments

• cleavon-little-klan-outfit.jpg
    cleavon-little-klan-outfit.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 159
Did I miss something? Were all prizes to be done as drawing prizes? Or were some to be awarded for 1st and 2nd place? Did that get posted or did I miss it? If it wasn't covered it probably should have been.

ive alreayd got thw winners prizes taken care of...everything else is for the drawings. ill have a list of what goes where before the end.

Back
Top Bottom