Team Blue & Gray

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
this is your thread to enter your finds for the contest and also keep in touch with each other.

080108 Hunt

I made it out for a three hour night hunt--I'm beat, but I'm gonna head out early to beat tomorrow's heat, and hopefully, I'll do better!

Attachments

• 080108.jpg
    080108.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 297
A word of encouragement!

Cammo, don't get too depressed when you see Heaveymetalnut's great assortment of finds, because we're gonna get there...it may take awhile...and a lot of hard work, and even more luck, but we're gonna get there!
Here's my best find from this morning's hunt--things are looking up...at least a little bit!
I'll include it with my other finds for points later.

Attachments

• movies token.jpg
    movies token.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 297
  • movies token 3.jpg
    movies token 3.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 277
Here's yesterdays

Here's yesterdays results of a 45 minute tot lot hunt. The black shiny thing is a polished piece of Hematite. My Tesoro Compadre went off like a pinball machine!
Would have been a lot better but the city recently tore out all the bark and replaced it with gigantic rubber mats.
I'll be heading out after dark to get under the bleachers at some ball fields here.
080108.jpg

very neat token! dont forget to tally and post your points for us. thanks guys

Aug. 2nd & 3rd finds

Found my first bullet today--I can't believe I haven't found more!
1 token
1 junk ring

Total Points: 22.05

Attachments

• points 080308.jpg
    points 080308.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 242
I'm certainly the weak sister here.....but hey, at least I made us this cool custom avatar.....:D

I'm certainly the weak sister here.....but hey, at least I made us this cool custom avatar.....:D

We've still got plenty of time!
That is a nice Avatar, and mine ended up with a cool red square around it because I copied off your email with Windows Snipping Tool.:D

080608 night hunt

I went out for a three hour night hunt, and slowly searched an area of a school that I've hunted quite often with my 5" coil. This area is very littered with little pieces of copper and low overhead powerlines, so it's probably been ignored by most detectorists. I found my first silver quarter, a 1964, and two wheaties. About 11:00 pm, a truck came down the parking lot heading toward me, and it turned out to be a school district worker just checking things out. He asked if I had found anything, and said he detects every now and then, wished me luck, and headed out; first school person I've talked to while detecting, and it made me feel good that he was friendly and not there to tell me to stop.
points from tonight: 38.35

Attachments

• 080608.jpg
    080608.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 080608a.jpg
    080608a.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 216
wohoo! congrats on your first silver quarter..just barely squeaked that in one year newer and it wouldnt have been silver :D

081008 Night Hunt

More silver from the same school yard: 1946 dime.
Very rare UMAGA pendant.
Total points: 22.4

Attachments

• 081008a.jpg
    081008a.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 193
  • 081008b.jpg
    081008b.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 179
11 points......for the weekend. Meh.
Only 15,000 more pull tabs to take the lead.
081108.jpg

Thanks.
I have to pay more attention to this thread, you are doing great.

Oh, we have 99.5 so far......

It's been awhile since I've turned in anything for scoring.....but here we are. It's been brutally hot and humid and my *&%^^ foot is infected so I've been crippling along. not much to show, but here you go- Looks like about 5 points worth.
BTW, that lump of copper wire was dug at an honest 8 inches deep. Anybody who says the Tesoro Compadre won't go deeeeep is full of it.

082408.jpg

I haven't done much good; the ground is just too dry to do any serious digging. I may go for a night hunt here shortly.

090908 Update

From the last three weeks:
39.5 points
139 Total team points

Attachments

• 080908 points.jpg
    080908 points.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom