New At MAx Video....

Looks like an 8" deep coin detector to me.
Stick some thing else in there,,,,got to be some 9-10" inchers in there,, considering age of site.

Would be nice to hear if one of the gents has put their MAX in a tank of water/bathtub and left overnight,,actually many of the gents would have done.
Too see how worthy waterproof wise.

Last edited:
Looks like an 8" deep coin detector to me.
Stick some thing else in their,,,got to be some 9-10" inchers in there,, considering age of site.

Would be nice to hear if one of the gents has put their MAX in a tank of water/bathtub and left overnight,,actually many of the gents would have done.
Too see how worthy waterproof wise.

I agree, its nice seeing it hit on deeper coins but I still think its an 8 inch or less machine but they sure did make some nice improvements. :yes:

Be a great machine for me seeing coins aren't past 8 inches here,even the 1800s coins I find aren't more than 6 inches.Garrett got another winner .

I agree, its nice seeing it hit on deeper coins but I still think its an 8 inch or less machine but they sure did make some nice improvements. :yes:

I get 10" with my pro using a Nel Sharpshooter.. The Max with a lower KHz will get more. I laugh when people think it's an 8" coin machine. Maybe they don't have it set up correctly.

I get 10" with my pro using a Nel Sharpshooter.. The Max with a lower KHz will get more. I laugh when people think it's an 8" coin machine. Maybe they don't have it set up correctly.

Soil conditions here and nothing to do with set up. I liked my AT Pro but didn't like the depth and also did not like the display and nose heaviness. Other than that it's a great machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What depth were the ATpros getting before the Max?

I have pulled coins out at 9 inches with the one I have. In my area coins don't seem to be all that deep. I have 3030 and have not pulled anything out any deeper. I have gone over some sites that I had the AT Pro with the 3030 only to find a few pennies.

Excellent video although some of the terminology in the names of the coins I kind of struggled with......:D

....Doug.

My At pro cant hit on a 8 inch quarter with my 11dd .How do you get 10 inch depth???

I usually run 10 iron disc and full throttle sensitivity or back one bar. However , I think the key element is probably the Nel coil. And I think this is where AT users cheat themselves. I understand the idea behind the PROformance coils. They're versatile and can be used on the Gold or Pro and now the Max. BUT , the Nel coils cannot be used on an either or basis. Each Nel coil is finely tuned to each detectors KHz therefore maximizing each detectors capability. When Nel makes a coil for the Max I will buy it.

I will also add , I live in the Houston Tx area. When I check the ground with my F75 I usually get 0-1 bar on mineralization.

I usually run 10 iron disc and full throttle sensitivity or back one bar. However , I think the key element is probably the Nel coil. And I think this is where AT users cheat themselves. I understand the idea behind the PROformance coils. They're versatile and can be used on the Gold or Pro and now the Max. BUT , the Nel coils cannot be used on an either or basis. Each Nel coil is finely tuned to each detectors KHz therefore maximizing each detectors capability. When Nel makes a coil for the Max I will buy it.

I will also add , I live in the Houston Tx area. When I check the ground with my F75 I usually get 0-1 bar on mineralization.

O I see,mild dirt with big coil,makes sense its deep.:yes:

I had 2 AT Pro's. The first one was an early release going all the way back before the coil recall in the beginning. A hotter detector than the one I picked up a couple years ago. Personally I never liked be able to run at max sensitivity. It gives the impression that there should be more available. As far as target ID and separation the AT series is just great. IN MY OPINION the AT Pro can go through modern trash and hits coins better than any detector out there. The numbers are precise and the tones are unmistakable. Around old cellar holes or foundations it will separate out the good targets very well with a nice tone. Running this new AT Max in true all metal will add depth. But I'll have to wait and see the reports before I plunk down the cash.

It is also reported the new AT Max remains stable on a salt water beach. NO falsing like the Pro series. I have hunted salt water beaches with the Racer series detectors from Makro so I do know using a single frequency detector there is possible. The AT being waterproof opens up possibilities. Maybe?

Back
Top Bottom