Are these bells?

sandgroper

Elite Member
I decided to head back to the abandoned caravan park this weekend and found a lot had changed at the site. They slashed all the weeds and shrubs (which is really, really good because now I can actually swing the coil), however, they decided to turn a quarter of it into a 'temporary car park':mad:, which is kind of disappointing. They also fenced off a large proportion of it, but there is a way through the back where children have set up a BMX track.

I didn't spend much time at the place, there was no shade and it was around 100F so it was very hot

I was aiming to find some 1 and 2c coins (they've been out of circulation for 26 years now, and for someone who wasn't alive when they were used, I find it quite nice to find some to add to my collection).

I called it quits after an hour or so, found 9x2c coins and 4x1c coins, not bad. I'm still hoping for a penny though :). I also found these two 'bells?' Not sure if they are actually bells, because they don't have the thing in the middle that makes the noise. If you know what they are, please let me know.

Attachments

• 2c resize.jpg
    2c resize.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 203
  • bells.jpg
    bells.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 196
They sure look like bells. Do they have a certain ring?

What if you hold one by a string and hit it with something lightly? Then you can see if you would call it a bell. All the bells I have found are missing the clapper also.

Nice finds X-terra! Those do look like bells. I would hit that dirt car lot, bound to be stuff there people who park cars there have dropped. Congratz!

That's a good idea! Not sure if I'd find much as it hasn't been around for long and it's very compact at some points, but worth a shot in the softer areas! :)

They sure look like bells. Do they have a certain ring?

What if you hold one by a string and hit it with something lightly? Then you can see if you would call it a bell. All the bells I have found are missing the clapper also.

Yep, I just tried that and they do sound like bells, they sound great! :grin: Maybe I could find a way to put a new clapper in them. Though, I find it strange that the clappers are missing.

Back
Top Bottom