NCBounty15 & Havenalmighty

I am freakin out right now because this stoopid camera wont focus good enough to take a clear shot of teh hallmark! I have tried everything. Flash. No Flash. Inside. Outside. In a room with no lights and THEN a flash. I even tried scanning it. What should I do?!

if you have a digi cam it should be equipped with a macro..it will be a setting or a button with a logo of a flower on it...hold the ring in one hand over a sheet of white paper,no flash just use the light of the room,try different distances until it comes out. make sure there is nothing beyond the ring for the camera to focus on {thats why you hold it against a white background. hope that helps.

Wow!!! Just found my first ring! It is gold plated, so sadly, only 5 points. But add .2 more, I also found 2 pennies. HH
NC

Attachments

• DSCF2798.jpg
    DSCF2798.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCF2799.jpg
    DSCF2799.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF2800.jpg
    DSCF2800.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 134
Detected these the other day at the old school and a friend's house.
7 Quarters-- 1.75 points
3 Dimes-- .6 points
1 Nickel-- .2 points
5 Pennies-- .5 points
TOTAL:......... 3.05 points HH
NC

Attachments

• DSCF2792.jpg
    DSCF2792.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 164
That ring may be "junk", but she's a beauty!!:yes:

Thanks, I think so too! I dug the hole and pulled a pulltab out of the hole, thought that was it but rescanned anyway. Turned out that the ring was one inch to the right of the pulltab. :shock: Boy was I surprised. But right after that I got kicked off the place because it was in the national forest, even though it was a recreational facility. :roll: I got what I wanted. :lol: HH
NC

Go team!

So in case you are wondering I am saving up for a mega shot again. Sadly all the tot lots i have been to recently are not giving up much:( I searched a fairground today, just a day after it ended, and I came up with a miraculous 10 coins!! I think I'm getting frustrated with the hard soil here. It takes 5 minutes to dig a hole:(

Go team!

So in case you are wondering I am saving up for a mega shot again. Sadly all the tot lots i have been to recently are not giving up much:( I searched a fairground today, just a day after it ended, and I came up with a miraculous 10 coins!! I think I'm getting frustrated with the hard soil here. It takes 5 minutes to dig a hole:(

Sorry to hear that haven, as you can see, we've kind of dropped off the scoreboard....o well. This is still fun! I've had three firsts while this contest has been going on, and what? It's only been going, 12 days!!! We'll hang in there, and there are always lots of nice random prize drawings! HH
NC

Back
Top Bottom