Mozilla Firefox Add On Problems

WThesing

Elite Member
I recently downloaded and installed the "Del-ic-ious" add ons for Mozilla Firefox. This supposedly helps in managing your bookmarks and stores them at an online server.

I doing so, it lost all of my almost 100 links that were in my metaldetecting folder, along with about 50 more important sites. I just reinstalled Firefox and uninstalled Del-ic-ious. I was given an option to restore my bookmarks. My "lost" bookmarks all reappeared. Funny I didn't have access to them while this add-on was installed. I would NOT reccomend this add-on if you have a lot of important locations that you need to access.

WThesing said:
I recently downloaded and installed the "Del-ic-ious" add ons for Mozilla Firefox. This supposedly helps in managing your bookmarks and stores them at an online server.

I doing so, it lost all of my almost 100 links that were in my metaldetecting folder, along with about 50 more important sites. I just reinstalled Firefox and uninstalled Del-ic-ious. I was given an option to restore my bookmarks. My "lost" bookmarks all reappeared. Funny I didn't have access to them while this add-on was installed. I would NOT reccomend this add-on if you have a lot of important locations that you need to access.
You can export your favorites to your pc and bring them back by importing into your new browser, go to file, export/import on your browser.

I downloaded the new Firefox 2.0 and I'm have "freeze" problems.

My "Webmaster Tools extension no longer works and I can't figure out why.

I want to try to uninstall Firefox 2.0 and reinstall the Firefox 1.7, but I don't want to lose my bookmarks either.

Samething happened to me. I had probably almost 200 bookmarks. The first one I restored was this forum. It was the most important!!!!

Internet Explorer 6 for Windows XP
To export the Favorites folder, follow these steps: 1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the File menu, click Import and Export, and then click Next.
3. Click Export Favorites and then click Next.
4. Click Favorites and then click Next.
5. Type the name of the file that you want to export the favorites to. By default, the export file is named Bookmark.htm.
6. Click Next and then click Finish.
7. Use the Bookmarks Converter tool to import the Bookmark.htm file into Internet Explorer on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000.
For additional information about how to use the Bookmarks Converter tool to import the Bookmark.htm file into Internet Explorer, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
152681 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152681/) How to use Netscape Navigator bookmarks in Internet Explorer

I am still having problems with viewing posted images. (jpg's). I have to click on each link, and Firefox downloads them for them to open. They used to open with the threads. I can't seem to find out where the problem is due to too many updates and reinstalls of Int. Explorer, Java, Firefox, and McAfee Security Suite. Anyone able to help ??????????? BTW, I can't even see my own avitar anymore.

Bill

Your avatar is working maybe not for you :(

I use a program to see how my system is running quite a bit and it also has hints on how to better things, it might not help you out though.. Its worth a try I would think.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/

Java Script is enabled. I have AdBlock Plus and will see about uninstalling it. During my internet debacle ( still not over) I also installed Internet Explorer 7 and the new Java. Maybe the problem is in here somewhere. I.E. 7 was preventing a lot of stuff unless the updated Java was installed. I think Firefox relies on some I.E. extensions in order to operate. Screen shot will come up if I allow Firefox to download it, then it is opened with M. Soft Word. Constantly dealing with the download manager is a pain in the A**!!

WT

I installed IE7 and the new Java and my system works fine so I don't think its that.

WThesing said:
Java Script is enabled. I have AdBlock Plus and will see about uninstalling it. During my internet debacle ( still not over) I also installed Internet Explorer 7 and the new Java. Maybe the problem is in here somewhere. I.E. 7 was preventing a lot of stuff unless the updated Java was installed. I think Firefox relies on some I.E. extensions in order to operate. Screen shot will come up if I allow Firefox to download it, then it is opened with M. Soft Word. Constantly dealing with the download manager is a pain in the A**!!

That link I gave you with the screenshot was in MS Word.

At this point I would suggest that you do a system restore and take your pc back to a date in time when everything was working correctly. You have to go to start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore, set the date to when you know your system was working well. You do not loose any files but it may correct your program. Good luck!

I had thought of system restore, BUT............... There were a ton of new programs added including all of the new stuff that enabled my internet connection, router software, cable modem, switch to Comcast, I.E 7, Java, Firefox upgrade, and a few others. I was trying to avoid another MAJOR install headache. Funny thing is that some of the pics open normally, but most do not. I am lost at this point. I think the problems are in I.E. 7 or with the Netgear software that also started my CPU doing nutsy things. They were installed around the same time (24 hrs.) I think I'll shoot my uncle an e-mail. He is the one that alerted me about needing the Java upgrade for I.E. 7. :(

Something I just discovered. The photos that are opening are from Photobucket, while the normal Jpeg files have to be accessed manually. It used to be that the Jpeg's opened atomatically, and I would have to click the link for photobucket images. I think there is a conflict somewhere.

WThesing said:
I had thought of system restore, BUT............... There were a ton of new programs added including all of the new stuff that enabled my internet connection, router software, cable modem, switch to Comcast, I.E 7, Java, Firefox upgrade, and a few others. I was trying to avoid another MAJOR install headache. Funny thing is that some of the pics open normally, but most do not. I am lost at this point. I think the problems are in I.E. 7 or with the Netgear software that also started my CPU doing nutsy things. They were installed around the same time (24 hrs.) I think I'll shoot my uncle an e-mail. He is the one that alerted me about needing the Java upgrade for I.E. 7. :(
System restore does not remove any software or documents. It just restores it to a stable platform. Try ghosting your machine to a partition drive or backup then restore your system. If it doesn't work then ghost it back to the image you saved.

Unfortunately, I am unable to ghost. I no longer use Symantec since McAfee took over. The problem lies ( I suspect) with the program selected to open the photos. I have a large selection - any advice as to which would be best ? i currently am using Adobe photo shop basic.

Now for something really strange. I have been here in this forum for about 10 minutes, and made the above post. I went to another thread and now my avitar is visible, but only on this post. Maybe the photos will come up as well?????????????????????

OK, it gets stranger. My avitar dissappeared, and reappeared a few times over the last 15 minutes as I surfed the rest of the forum and checked back. It only appears above and a few other posts in other threads. I think if I uninstall Firefox and re install it without some of the new extensions maybe it will work as it did before. The JPG images still have to be manually downloaded at this time. I won't do this unless someone can tell me where the file with my bookmarks resides, I can't find it and don't want to lose it. Too many important ones.

Back
Top Bottom