Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 07-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Default Big disappointment today but.....

So I finally stopped at a farmer from my church to detect his yard, I've been wanting to hit it for sometime and had visions of large cents and old coins well the only older coins I found was 2 wheaties. It was built around 1800. Tried both the 6x8 sef and the stock 11 on the etrac. Lots of that junk that gives you decent signals that you don't want to pass up. Good news is the farmer told me of a church he tour down 40 some years ago on his property that was built in 1740. It is now a field that is planted, so I'll have to wait til winter.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Elite Member

Bummer about the first church, but WOW what an opportunity with the one in the field! Congrats!

Old 07-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Supporter

Stinks when a promising opportunity ends up as a disappointment, but sounds like a great consolation prize with the old church site in the field. You just never know - I've had a great hunt at one house, only to excitedly score permission at the house right next door and get nothing but trash and bottle caps! Hopefully your experience with this one is the opposite - you've the dud out of the way first, and now you'll hit the motherlode!

Oldest coin: 1864 Indian Head penny
Total 2017 clad:
$9.57 - Kinda sad, but I'm new :-)
Wheat Pennies: 21
IH Pennies: 1

Garrett Ace 400; Garrett Pro-Pointer