Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 05-06-2017, 02:54 AM

Default Blue Springs Missouri Area

Hello. I'm new here and am looking for a hunting buddy in the KCMO/Blue Springs area. I've detected a little in the past and had ended up selling my detector and taking a break for a while. Came across a good deal on an ATPro and decided it was time to get back into it. So if there is anyone in the area interested in detecting let me know!

Old 05-06-2017, 07:59 AM
Super Motivator

Welcome from NE Kansas. Lots of hunters here from the KC area so GL.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by ks coyote View post
Welcome from NE Kansas. Lots of hunters here from the KC area so GL.
Thanks so much! I'll probably be out that way detecting sometime. A guy I work with grew up out there in the 70s and has had family in and around Wyandotte.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:56 AM

I live in Independence, have one hunting buddy, we usually the parks and get permission to hunt old houses. We would be happy for you to join us.

Old 06-28-2017, 05:20 PM
Sponsor

I live around Lone Jack. If I can shake loose I'll join you.....Especially if it's and old site. This goes for anyone in the area........
My email is mowerdog@gmail.com

Old 06-28-2017, 06:15 PM
Sponsor

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 TOTALS 39 SILVERS, 22 INDIANS, 1 "V",12 rings
2017 TOTALS 21 SILVERS, 16 INDIANS, 3 RING, 3 "V"
CTX 3030, XP DEUS, AT Propointer

Old 07-04-2017, 02:42 PM

I'm in Greenwood. I have been detecting in my area for a few years with little success thought I still enjoy it. My neighbor and a co-worker also are in the hobby and I detect with them occasionally.

I just hunted an abandoned house that was given to the City of Greenwood. The house was built in 1920 but 3 of us looking found nothing but trash and modern coins. Some of the coolest things I have found in the area are square head nails and a full brass 12g shot gun shell casing...these are from the 1800s and were found in the middle of a field on Jame A Reed conservation area.

My-coworker lives in an old house in Lone Jack and found some 1800s dimes this spring with his new Ace 350 so naturally I am jealous!

Anyway, if I find somewhere to hunt, I'll give you a shout.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:32 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View post
I'm in Greenwood. I have been detecting in my area for a few years with little success thought I still enjoy it. My neighbor and a co-worker also are in the hobby and I detect with them occasionally.

I just hunted an abandoned house that was given to the City of Greenwood. The house was built in 1920 but 3 of us looking found nothing but trash and modern coins. Some of the coolest things I have found in the area are square head nails and a full brass 12g shot gun shell casing...these are from the 1800s and were found in the middle of a field on Jame A Reed conservation area.

My-coworker lives in an old house in Lone Jack and found some 1800s dimes this spring with his new Ace 350 so naturally I am jealous!

Anyway, if I find somewhere to hunt, I'll give you a shout.
I'm hunting today at my brothers in Lawrence KS. But hit me up. I would like to go to your 1920's house or? Looks like we hunt some of the same towns anyway.... email mowerdog@gmail.com