Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Research and Getting Permission

Old 06-24-2017, 08:01 AM

Thumbs up Hunting in New Hampshire

Greetings all;
So I will be heading up to the White Mountains for the next 2 months with my E-Trac in hand. Looking for advice as to where to hunt and what if any places that you are not allowed to hunt. Do I need some sort of permit. Going to hit the lift lines at ski resorts!

Old 06-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DiggerDanbo View post
Greetings all;
So I will be heading up to the White Mountains for the next 2 months with my E-Trac in hand. Looking for advice as to where to hunt and what if any places that you are not allowed to hunt. Do I need some sort of permit. Going to hit the lift lines at ski resorts!
If you meant land within White Mountain National Forest, then: NFS does not disallow md'ing . In fact, it has an express ALLOWANCE (beats "silent on the subject", eh ? )

https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE...rdb5261774.pdf

Of course, ARPA would come into effect. So ... you're just looking for coins newer than 50 yr. old, eh ?

But if you meant something in NH outside those exact boundaries, then you'd need to specific on what form of NH land that is.