Ko Tao Thailand - has anyone tried here?

Japan

Hi guys-
I lost my platinum wedding ring (in about 15 feet of water) learning to scuba dive here. This is a very small island, and they take all the students to the same small beaches and lagoons for lessons. They were doing over 1000 dives a day when I was there. I don't know about the hobby much yet, but is this a good place for someone to try?

BTW, even if you found nothing, it'd be a great excuse to go to this FUN place!

One of the many islands in Thailand that is on my list. I am currently at Hua Hin Beach now and getting ready to hunt.

I have hunted on Koh Samet and Phuket so far.

Anywhere that people congregate is a good place to hunt. Places people go swimming...especially tourists with money, is usually a great place to go hunting!

NIce job Upena!
I noticed you got some pearls! Holly cow! Thailand is one of my favorite places in the world. Are you a long-term expat, did you marry a local, or...?
When I was on Ko Tao 10 years ago apparently it was one of the busiest dive centers in the world! I imagine a lot of people lose rings while diving. Had Rin Ko Phangan has the fullmoon party, every month. Small beach with thousands of people dancing and often very 'tipsy'! May be a lot of stuff there as well! I imagine in front of 5 star resorts would score some nice stuff! Good luck!

NIce job Upena!
I noticed you got some pearls! Holly cow! Thailand is one of my favorite places in the world. Are you a long-term expat, did you marry a local, or...?
When I was on Ko Tao 10 years ago apparently it was one of the busiest dive centers in the world! I imagine a lot of people lose rings while diving. Had Rin Ko Phangan has the fullmoon party, every month. Small beach with thousands of people dancing and often very 'tipsy'! May be a lot of stuff there as well! I imagine in front of 5 star resorts would score some nice stuff! Good luck!

Japan

Pearls were not real. I am married to a lovely Thai lady and have been an expat for about 6 weeks now. I know about the full moon party and trying to convince wife to go to one about 2-3 days after it is over and sift through the trash to see what is there.

Enjoying Hua Hin right now - but it is killer hot.

larry

Never made it there, but sounds like a WONDERFUL place! Best of luck!
And Thai women are absolutely gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom