Hello from Orange County, NY!

JrDetector

Hi everyone! Im a 15 Year old, just getting into the hobby. Metal Detecting has always been a eye catcher for me! I thought this year, I would go forth with my interest.

This Christmas, "Santa" had gotten me a Bounty Hunter VLF. Its not the best, but it is perfect for what I do. I have 5 acres of land. Not sure what is back there, but ever since the snow has melted I have been out there looking. Nothing but a few Bullets, Shotgun Shells, and a Toy Pistol (Which was actually pretty cool!), but I dont plan on stopping any time soon!

Any tips on the hobby? Any Must knows?

Thanks everyone!

P.S. I apologize for posting this in the wrong Discussion initially!

Welcome aboard from NW Florida!!

22728_10152223142160635_925608420_n.jpg

Swing low and slow, stay parallel to the ground and overlap the swings. Do NOT get discouraged, remember that you have to get the coil over a target to detect it and the coil needs to stay there long enough to see the target. Watch some of the youtube vid's from other detectorists.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Swing low and slow, stay parallel to the ground and overlap the swings. Do NOT get discouraged, remember that you have to get the coil over a target to detect it and the coil needs to stay there long enough to see the target. Watch some of the youtube vid's from other detectorists.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
Thanks!

Welcome from Westchester County.
Don't worry about your detector not being the best. Brains over brawn.
Read the instructions and the suggestions.

Indiana & philippines

Hi from the warm tropics of the Philippines. Keep at it . You learn more every day. I started when I was 15. Im 60+ now . By next Christmas you will want a newer unit. It happens to all of us. :D

Welcome from Rockland County, N.Y.!! Don't worry about your machine, I started hunting forty something years ago and the detectors back then were nowheres as sophisticated as today's machines and I found lots of cool stuff and some valuable stuff too. Just hunt, as you learn the machine you will find more and better things!!

Thanks everyone! We just got abot 6 more Inches of snow this morning, so I think the hunting has been put on hold:mad:

I had a friend when I was around 15 that had a detector. He had bags full of treasures he had found.. quite a few coins, jewelry, etc. I think that's why I ended up getting one years later. Happy hunting!

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. Having your own property to start out on is great. You can practice digging and replacing the soil for when you are off your property hunting. Learn to retrieve your finds with leaving little or no trace you was there. Always take the trash you dig and dispose of it properly. Read the code of ethics provided on the forum. These are the best tips i can think of to benifit you on your journey to becoming a successful hunter. The rest will come to you by reading, asking questions and getting out there as often as possible. Good luck, HH:cool::cool:

Back
Top Bottom