FFA Pin from Rodeo Arena

pescadore

Elite Member
Got out a while this afternoon after work. I went back to the old rodeo arena that Robo99 and I got silvers at last weekend. I got a real iffy deep signal on the 6T that the numbers were jumping around but could hear a consistant high tone mixed in. I dug a plug with the shovel and the target was no where to be found. Took another couple of inches out with the shovel and was finally able to get a signal on the ProPointer. Got out the Lesche and dug down a little more and pulled out this small FFA (Future Farmers of America) pin. I thought that it was a pretty relevant find for the rodeo arena but it had no date on it. The pin was about 8 inches deep.

Looks vintage but can't say what year. I remember my days in the FFA.

That's different, but expected out there. It looks like you landed you a good spot close to home.

I really enjoy finding tokens and specialty items like this one. History is cool :cool:

And you were just lately telling me that you wanted to go dig money ;-) I understand where you are coming from though. I had one of those FFA pins back in the sixties on my jacket. It would be way cool to dig one today.

I once dug a joint to an old pool cue at my old, closest park, and you know where I am referring too. Since I am a nut about billiards, that was neat to me but didn't excite many others. It is indeed fun to dig historic relics and such, especially when finds relate somehow.

martin

I found one this summer here in Philly. It was established in 1936 if I'm not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom