Horsey Things, A Little Bling and a Cinderella Ring

OleSarge

Elite Member
First day in a while the weather was good enough to get out and continue my quest for some silver at the old Orr farm. No silver but a couple dollars in clad, a supersized and a midget horse shoe, a old car spring, a dime signal one eyed cat, a tiny jeweled (probably fakes) gold colored pin and a neat little (junk) kids Cinderella ring. This farm has been hammered by every MDer in Washington State and still produces slamming signals every few feet.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT hand held

When life hands you Lemons, ask for Tequila and Salt and call me over!

Attachments

• 01-14-14 Dupont.jpg
    01-14-14 Dupont.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Bling.jpg
    Bling.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Cat.jpg
    Cat.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Cinderella Ring.jpg
    Cinderella Ring.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Coins.jpg
    Coins.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 260
Nice Hunt! That's a creepy looking cat thing:shock:. Congrats and HH

Thanks 54shooter. The cat rates right up ther with the little rusty smiley face button as a "what metal detecting is all about" find. It hit as a dime and I though I had some of the melted aluminum can slag when I dug it. But, after soaking and a tooth brush scrub, the cat's buggey eye appeared, staring out from the muck...much better than any dime yet!

Cool digs!

Thanks Stevo. I search this area because I've found a 1918 Wheat penny there and we have turned up some really neat relics (see Russ's pocket watch) Somebody on the forum said that when old pennies are found, old silver surely follows. I haven't found the Rosie or Merc yet, but when I do it'll be here. Besides, it's all great because when the ground talks to you it's acknowledging that you're looking, and the next mind blowing target is waiting just below the surface to be found.

Neat finds! I'm still looking for my first bling, be it real or junk, I like that sparkly stuff better than boring old money, although I don't throw the money back. I really like that sparkly little pin!

A very nice outing. Congrats! Jack

Thanks Sir, and considering the weather forcast of heavy rain and high winds for the next few days, I was lucky to get a couple hours digging time in. I did buy two new leather jackets and some high topped boots so I could dig during the wet and cold weather, but I really think the next week will be a very nice time for "inning":lol:. Hopefully though, I can do some air testing in the garage and isolate some of those masked target signals that are no more than a "Beep"...and even that wasn't fast enough, when that 5X8 coil passes over them. Yesterday was the first time I have been able to pull (like the little cat and bling ear ring) out of a area where they had just mowed with a 50" super mower, and the can hash was so thick I couldn't dig them without digging tons of scrap aluminum. I did dig some hash, but not nearly as much as I could had I not been practicing my discrimination by audio alone with that 5X8 coil.

Nice finds there, except for one.
That cat thing is just plain "UGLY"
The Disney ring is Belle from Beauty and the Beast.:D

Neat finds! I'm still looking for my first bling, be it real or junk, I like that sparkly stuff better than boring old money, although I don't throw the money back. I really like that sparkly little pin!

Thanks BBsGal, the little "blingy thingy" is really a very nice ear ring for pierced ears. It doesn't have any markings on it to identify it as being .925 or gold, but it is metal, heavy and sparkles really cool. And, t did ring in on my ATP at a nice 62-64, so I don't think it's steel. I thought it was pin of some sort so, before I (ever so proudly) presented it to my wife for appraisal, bent the little pin on the back over like a hook. She pouted that I'd ruined a nice ear ring and repaid my exuberance:clapping: with a icy scowel:foottap:..only joking of course..she fakes excitement in my finds even if it's only a crusty penny because she wants me to get out of the house, and bring home something smaller than a old car or motorcycle.:lol:

that's a good day to me. How much time do you have on that At pro btw?

I piece mealed the ATP together last February and finally got it in March of 2013. I had initially tried ordering it from Bart, but he was completely out of stock with no ability to even estimate a availability date. He offered me a pretty good discount, but, admirably so, wouldn't even take my order until he knew for certain when the ATP's would return to the market. Bart said it was due to a shortage of parts, possibly due to heavy demand for the metal detector, and he knew of nobody who had them in stock. So, I splurged and bought one from a seller on ebay. It was a new machine, at full retail price, with expedited USPS delivery, but, although I ordered it on 12 February, didn't recieve it until the last week of March. I just bought my 5X8 coil, with a reasonable discount on both the coil and cover, from Jeff at QualityMetalDetectors, and having used it for a while now, have decided that the decision to buy it rates only a close second to the decision to spring for the ATP.

Nice finds there, except for one.
That cat thing is just plain "UGLY"
The Disney ring is Belle from Beauty and the Beast.:D

After weeks of being on weather hold, even "Ugly" is good. The little thing came out of the hole looking like the stuff you get when you melt aluminum cans, and was not identifiable as anything common to this solar system. I nearly tossed it into the bushes and marked it off as trash, but I'm trying to get the hang of better identifying targets discriminated by the 5X8 coil and located in debris fields of other junk targets..meaning, scratchy and weak 12's and 14's and those strong but deep 90's-91's (usually deep/rusted and rotted pieces of oil drum or large scrap iron). The ugly little cat was a 81 blip in a bunch of other longer lasting 80's signals (usually pop cans or large can lids) so I dug it just to see what it was. As you can see in the photo, I do dig junk too and the pop cans mask heck out of quarters and dimes..so I dig everything. Also, what appears to be a lot of scrap aluminum and steel is exactly that, I remove EVERYTHING I dig from the site and eventually scrub it so that the Etrac and CTX guys can come in and find some decent targets:lol: Thanx for the descrip on the Disney ring. It is truely a little girls bling, but made my day because I can give it to the neighbor girl, 7 yrs old, who'll love it:clapping:

Just a note on some of the less obvious things in the photos, but none the less, super fun to dig: The ringer off a school style bell, the drain pan from a RV refrigerator (the little aluminum cup), a chrome drawer pull, a tiny, maybe .25 caliber bullet, but too long to be pistol ammo, a couple of paper tubed shotgun shell butts, the steel plate from a busted stove side, a grill from some sort of animal cage, or whatever used a grill of that sort, half a cigarette lighter, a long piece of rolled up, apparently hand cut steel, about 3' long unrolled and probably 1/16" thick. What this is I have no idea, but I would never attempt a job like this regardless of what it's intended purpose was. Some of it headed for the dumpster because my garage has turned into a place Fred Sanford would feel comfortable:lol:.

ATP/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CG hand held

WOW, a lot of finds. You know that Cinderella ring is a Keeper. lol

Thanky Sir, if the value was in the resale, I struck out at $2.08 in clad. But, if the value is determined in the fun and instant gratification, I scored a million easily:thumbsup:.

Back
Top Bottom