First time Coin roll hunting!

Old Digger

As many of you know, I had rotator cuff surgery (exactly one month ago today) and haven't been able to get out with the machine, so been digging thru old boxes of unidentified finds.

Ran out of boxes and decided to go roll hunting yesterday.

Bought all of the halfs my bank had ($100.00 - small community) and $200.00 of the new dollars (hoping for an error).

Here's the total on the halfs:

1 - 1964 Kennedy
1 - 1963 Ike
27 - 1965-1969 Kennedys (40% silver)

Strange thing was all of the rolls were hand rolled, and marked that they had been gone through!

The Van Buren and Tyler coins have shown nothing yet, but only have done $75 bucks worth, my eyes were giving out! :roll:

Heading back to another branch in another close town to do it again!

Bad part is I can't find rolls for the new dollars so I can return them rolled! :(

GH'ing

Ed

Attachments

• Coin Roll Hunt.jpg
    Coin Roll Hunt.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 276
Nice coins, WTG on the Franklin half

Im sure you gotta be going crazy by now, not being able to get out there and detect.

Thats how I feel during the winter in upstate Ny, I gotta get that detecting fix some how and usually I end up CRH'ing for a few months. Basically a free hobby.

Good luck on your recovery

-Kyle

Thanks for the sympathy on the shoulder, yes it IS frustrating.. all this time off and I can't do any detecting! ARRG...

Read my next post, I DID manage to pull in a few more today :O... Thank God I have been ok'd by the dr. to drive!

Thanks guys!

GHing!

Ed

PS: Franklin, right... Been looking at so many dollar coins I have lost about 20% of my sight and 90% of my brain! :)

Back
Top Bottom